Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhodes - Recommendations?

Got the booklet from Frontier, along with some good pointers. Started making enquiries for acommodation and trying to secure the guiding services of Tony Kietzman for a day or two. Only 13 weeks to go!

I'm sure the festival is around that time. You should get in contact with TK before then, the festival is well worth attending. Lots of regulars who show you around some of the more popular streams, and you catch plenty of fish too.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

The Festival is from 21-25 March. I'll be going a month later. Hopefully the poor fish will have relaxed by then after all the activity of he festival and the Easter weekend!

Cool, Brucedell is a nice venue
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Apparently they're having warmer weather han usual this year. Might still be cold-ish though. Just need to layer up I suppose!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Cool, Brucedell is a nice venue
    Is Brucedell not still off-limites due to Roland (the owner) keeping people off there??

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    Apparently they're having warmer weather han usual this year. Might still be cold-ish though. Just need to layer up I suppose!
    Expect 4 seasons in a day Alet ... that's all I'm saying

Good on you for getting TK - you will learn more than you can imagine, and not only about fishing. You are in for a wonderful journey!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Didn't know it was!
    Haven't visited Rhodes in a while but the last time I was there we fished it with TK.
    Daryl Human

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Didn't know it was!
    Haven't visited Rhodes in a while but the last time I was there we fished it with TK.
    I'll refrain from saying that it could possibly have been poached

Jokes aside, not sure what the current situation is - have also not really been making tracks there the last few years hey!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Well, I think poaching is more common than we think.
    I recall fishing just out of town only to find someone who claimed to be the chairman of Fosaf half way through, fishing my beat with his extended family.
    Daryl Human

Dont know much about the poaching, but enjoyed my stream ff on the Pot and little pot. Awesome area that Mclear area. Good fish.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12