Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi my name is Edd, and I have a problem.......

I just want to FF for anything that swims, it's consuming my whole life, if I can't fish I find myself tying flies, and organising the next fishing trip

As I'm sitting here now, I'm suppose to study for my exam on Thursday, but my mind keeps drifting towards tying some poppers for the next trip.

I FF for bass, trout, tigers (in july, can't wait), and have tried a few times for yellows, haven't caught one yet, but hooked into a few fish, but alas they got away

Enjoy the evening guys/gals

Welcome Ed, most of the frequent flyers here have the same problem, flytalk helps make the pain go away
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Welcome Edd, remember Gary Player's sayingito yellows. "The more I practise the luckier I get ".

The fact that you are hooking yellows means you have the basics for catching them right.

Next time you hook one, engage the fishing brain, i.e. where is slow water, where do I want to fight this fish, then move the fish there, and you will soon have a fish in the net.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Yep, can't wait for the next time to try, don't go to the vaal too often, I find fishing for bass off the float tube keeps me engaged.

I still need some practice detecting takes in the river, the two fish I hooked into last where both hooked when I picked up the rod to cast, but as you say “The more I practice the luckier I get”……