Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing myself IVenter

Talking Introducing myself IVenter

Hi all

My name is Ivann Venter. i.e. IVenter
    I was put onto fly fishing by a friend at varsity. And such started the crazy search to catch a fish. I only really did casting practice for the first 10 or so fishing trips, almost sold my kit twice. But then the first fish was landed I was hooked for life.

I live in Honeydew in JHB and work as a process engineer for a water treatment firm were I do mostly commissioning of new plants. I have not really gone fishing enough during the 3 years I have been in JHB, mostly due to working away from home and also because i donít know where to go. I have made some acquaintances and hope to go fishing once a month this year. I have been to the Vaal once to catch yellows. I fell in love with river fishing, it is so much more intense that catching trout in dams (as most of my fishing has been up to date). I hope to start fly tying this year and hope this forum can help with and with fishing info.

I am married to a wife who doesnít mind my many hobbies which include woodworking and watching sports (mostly MAN UNITED). My first child will be born in the next 2 months a baby girl.

I hope this is a good enough introduction

hi Ivan,

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots and lots of info on the site.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Welcome Ivan.

Lots of info here, enjoy.
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Hi Ivan, welcome to the forum! I also love the dynamics of the river. You can fish the same piece of water one week and then next it will be completely different.

Welcome Ivann, enjoy
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Welcome Ivann.

Be sure to join us at the Fly Expo in April? It will be great to meet you.

Thanx for all the replies guys. I will definitely try and get to the expo. I have always had a materialistic side.

Hi Ivan

Welcome to the forum

welcome Ivann

im sure you will enjoy your long stay
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Welcome to the A.A.
    I mean Flytalk....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast