Thread: Another newbie, introducing himself.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another newbie, introducing himself.

Hi all,

As requested, here's an introduction from me.

I've recently been bitten by the fly and joined here merely to read information on what works and what doesn't, both in terms of casting and fishing. I've got three TFO BVK rods (5, 7 and 9 weights) to chase saltwater species in my local area (Perth, Western Australia). My only decent fish so far are an 80-odd centimetre Pink Snapper and a 35cm Black Bream, both from my kayak.

However, I'll continue to simply lurk on the forum, since I am a rank beginner with not much wisdom to pass on (yet). As noted elsewhere, there is a search function, so I also won't be asking questions (by PM or starting new threads) unless the info I seek just isn't around. Thanks to the community for the wealth of information already posted here though - it's a great resource, one that you should all be proud of.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Welcome Graeme,

Good info here on the site
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Good info here on the site
    You're not wrong there: that's why I joined!

cheers,
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by kalgrm View Post
    You're not wrong there: that's why I joined!

cheers,
    Graeme
    See if you can get hold of Jono Shales, he is also on the forum and lives in Australia. He can also provide very good info
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

I hope to e visiting Perth sometime soon. Great to know there are opportunities for fly fishing there!

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    I hope to e visiting Perth sometime soon. Great to know there are opportunities for fly fishing there!
    Where there is water, fly fishing opportunities abound!

I'm fishing from a kayak in the ocean most of the time, but the local Swan River estuary has plenty of fish to be reached by shore-based fishermen, including some extensive flats.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by kalgrm View Post
    I've recently been bitten by the fly
    Occupational hazard when living in Oz Welcome
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes