Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RobG ''Intro''

Default RobG ''Intro''

Howzit,

After reading a post about introduce or else....I thought it would be apropriate to reintroduce myself.

I have been a regular reader and very ocasional poster on this form for a while now.

I have been living in Herolds Bay for the past 12 years and have been involved with Rock and Surf fishing both in leagues and socially for about the same amount of time.

Until recently, throwing a fly has been something that I have done once or twice a year when the itch became too much for me. These trips were usually to well stocked dams in the Eastern and Western Cape.

Recently I started going regularly to Groot Brak next to the bridge and behind the island. My catches have been limited to....well a tan...on fly that is. For me it has become a reason to stand next to the river and take in the surroundings. Although if mother nature could put a fish in the way of my fly once in a while I would apreciate it muchly!

My casting....thrashing of the water...has improved over December after purchasing the book 'Learn to Fly cast in a Weekend' I can now put a fly in about the same place as my boet puts his lure!

Luckily for me I am stubborn and obstinate and I will not give in. Fly fishing has really grown on me to a point where I no longer rock and surf fish. I only take another stick on the canoe to trawl because after reading quite a few books on fly fishing it would seem that trawling a fly is taboo..

To the regular contributors on this forum...thanks. I have learnt a lot from you guys and I will continue to do so for a long time in the future!

Screaming Reels!

Rob

Sorry Rob, I promise i'm the only prick on this forum
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Leave the "Like" button alone you hyenas...

just a little stab Werner...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Not really Werner, this intro is exactly why I thought your idea wasn't bad. Im in reebok every year (between Groot and Klein brak) and would have offered to fish with Rob over December, had he did this earlier. For the record, Rob I might be down your way in April again, give me a shout if you want to do some casting.

That would be great Chris. Thanks

hi Rob,

Welcome. enjoy the forum like you do already
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Leave the "Like" button alone you hyenas...

just a little stab Werner...
    Thats what is called kicking a man when he's down
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Thats what is called kicking a man when he's down

Ek kan net niks reg sÍ nie, it was meant as a joke

Ek kan net niks reg sÍ nie, it was meant as a joke
    Myne ook, moenie stress nie. Net 'n joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast