Thread: ''intro''

Default ''intro''

Howzit guys!

My name is Thys a fingerling to the forum . Heard about it from a friend and joined .

Most of my fishing time is spend on the vaal fishing for yellow as i stay in gauteng and the odd winter trout mission.Had my first small steam trip last year and fell head over heels with the idea of stalking wild trout in the wonderful mountain setting .

Also been very lucky to go on two trips to the okovango and fish the amazing barbel runs up there , a must do on any bucket list .

I'm very much into fly tying but still learning year by year.
    I am hoping to learn more about saltwater fly fishing this year as my catch rate in the salt is poor to say the least ,in fact i have three small garick under the belt and that's it..

Anyway , hope to help hope to learn .
    have rod , will travel . . .

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are not new to fishing but I'm sure you will learn a lot from the wealth of information on here.

Enjoy
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishykid View Post
    Howzit guys!

My name is Thys a fingerling to the forum . Heard about it from a friend and joined .

Most of my fishing time is spend on the vaal fishing for yellow as i stay in gauteng and the odd winter trout mission.Had my first small steam trip last year and fell head over heels with the idea of stalking wild trout in the wonderful mountain setting .

Also been very lucky to go on two trips to the okovango and fish the amazing barbel runs up there , a must do on any bucket list .

I'm very much into fly tying but still learning year by year.
    I am hoping to learn more about saltwater fly fishing this year as my catch rate in the salt is poor to say the least ,in fact i have three small garick under the belt and that's it..

Anyway , hope to help hope to learn .
    Welcome to the site and forums Thys.

There is so much info here you could read for a year.

Which public venues on the Vaal do you normally fish? Maybe we have met on the river without knowing it
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thank for the welcome , i like to fish eendekuil (allot) , but fish silverstome and aarndnest often aswell .

Eendekuil and Arends are venues that I rarely fish. I used to fish Strome a lot untill I found YFP, which is now my favourite venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Eendekuil and Arends are venues that I rarely fish. I used to fish Strome a lot untill I found YFP, which is now my favourite venue.
    Nou vi wat vat jy my Strome toe oom?
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Welkom Thys, ek sal jou seker volgende week sien want dan kom ek weer deur daar na julle toe vir ditjies en datjies.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Nou vi wat vat jy my Strome toe oom?
    Werner, 1 ARK Croc 1, Paddle power + 6 people = too many trips to the "ripe" waters.

I've done it before, NEVER again.

Just too much time spent ferrying people and not enough fishing.

nice E.T sien jou dan !