Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grunter on fly!

Watching the telly the other day, on Inside Angling, Craig Thompson and those blokes were catching grunters on surface lures, really odd to see that...

That being said, could they take a small popper if they are zapping surface...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Watching the telly the other day, on Inside Angling, Craig Thompson and those blokes were catching grunters on surface lures, really odd to see that...

Jules, thats why the deerhair prawn works so well, easy and quick to tie.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post

Hello Shamwari,

My 2cents worth on the subject. Hope it is accurate (luckily I know I will probably be quickly corrected if I'm not...) I have read that Grunter will feed on prawns and shrimps in estuaries and elsewhere. Even during the annual sardine run up the coast they will feed on injured and dead sardines... Maybe the surface lures resembled a small injured or struggling baitfish and the Grunter went for it...

Regards
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

Did you film this on a GoPro. I'm thinking of getting one. How does it work for you?

Those cams looks the biz Wazzy, I'm getting one for myself next month. Morne posted a link of a chap that got a mofo fish!

Jeez i enjoyed that, would love to see that on the streams.........anyone got that camera???
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Andre aka nepps has one....he filmed us on the streams last time we wêre out
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

I have one question. Why the heck would you use a Boga on a fish that aint got any teeth?
    Last edited by dizzy; 28-01-12 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Great vid there. Green with envy...

To everyone else who has a comment about using a boga grip.... that is exactly what make people stop posting pictures/vids of their catches on an open forum. Happened on another forum (no names mentioned) and guys got very quiet. Lets be honest, he could have done a lot worse!

hi rob....u are right he could have done alot worse but in the end when the general publuc look at this they will think its the best way to land a grunter....we should all be trying to educate our fellow anglers
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast