Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I could not believe my eyes

Talking I could not believe my eyes

I am new to fly fishing, had my first casting lesson on Saturday. I went to a dam near where I live in the Strand, and started practicing my casting, I know that there is carp in this dam, but never thought that I will ever catch one. After about an hour of casting, it happend, the carp took a woolly bugger, it ran about with my line, I turned it and we where on. I was so excited, the thrill of catching my first fish on a fly. It was awsome, unfotunately I pulled to hard when the carp was near the edge of the dam, and the fly came loose, I could see the carp in the shallow water, probably about 2.5 kg. what a thrill, I am now hooked on fly fishing.

Goeie werk - dit raak 'n addiction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hermanb View Post
    I am new to fly fishing, had my first casting lesson on Saturday. I went to a dam near where I live in the Strand, and started practicing my casting, I know that there is carp in this dam, but never thought that I will ever catch one. After about an hour of casting, it happend, the carp took a woolly bugger, it ran about with my line, I turned it and we where on. I was so excited, the thrill of catching my first fish on a fly. It was awsome, unfotunately I pulled to hard when the carp was near the edge of the dam, and the fly came loose, I could see the carp in the shallow water, probably about 2.5 kg. what a thrill, I am now hooked on fly fishing.
    Welcome hermanb,now the addiction begins
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Thumbs up

Now You Will See What Addiction Will Cost You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This addiction is even more expensive than women ... now if you're addicted to this AND women ... dude ... you're screwed.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Now You Will See What Addiction Will Cost You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know then
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

When fishing for carp try and use forged hooks cause what happens is the hook bends open and the fish comes off. Especially if you fish barbless hooks.
    My favourite fly is a red tailed black and grizzley hackled wooly worm on a no.6 or no.4 long shank forged hook. These are great because if you see a catfish whilst looking for carp they will also take the wooly worm. Slap it down in front of the catfish several times to get his attention. For carp fish it where you can see them feeding on the bottom and watch for the smallest of takes on the line. Have caught carp up to 25lbs like this and catfish up to 45lbs.
    Tight Loops you down stream mud mullets

Hi Hermanb

Welcome to a new life.

Where can we send the condolence cards as you family will now see less and less of you
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

It has began.......!!!

well done, now it is a question of life long addiction, and fun
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast