Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leader setup for tigerfish

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Agreed 100%
    It is only really suited to prowling dropoffs and sand banks for lunkers.
    Your average scrapper had teeth that interlock too well and they will almost cetainly nip you off. (no ifs and or butts They can even nip though 80lb braid without the slightest hastle)
    Yup, I got chowed off on 200lb powerpro a few times by the smaller fish trying something qhich I though was clever at the time. It wasnt.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Yup, I got chowed off on 200lb powerpro a few times by the smaller fish trying something qhich I though was clever at the time. It wasnt.
    Preaching to the converted hehehehehehehe. It did seem like a good idea though. But then practice and theory dont always go hand in hand.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Thanks for the info guy's! I think I'll stay away from the skock tipit idee then and get myself some pianonwire! Not to sound dof or anything but what are power swiwels?

Much appreciated!!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by WJvE View Post
    Thanks for the info guy's! I think I'll stay away from the skock tipit idee then and get myself some pianonwire! Not to sound dof or anything but what are power swiwels?

Much appreciated!!
    let me help

power swivels are made of high-grade stainless steel with a gunmetal black finish. They offer smooth rotation and added strength and durability. Stronger than standard barrel swivels despite their smaller size. With reduced visibility, very little water resistance in trolling and are nice for finesse type fishing where stealth is the key.

these are the barrel swivels (normal ones) just exclude the "interlock snap" lol

Last edited by Ko7Ad; 27-01-12 at 05:26 PM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Piano wire for me too, and i prefer albright knot to power swivels because it makes it easier to cast, especially when you are using heavy flies.

Please do not use those snap swivel things in the picture - they bend open after a few tigerfish takes.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Default Tigerwire knot to fly

For anyone going to Calverley's Camp, Jozini, the Okavango etc, these are two knots which will help you.

The benefit of using knotable wire versus piano wire is endless. I know Pete and Menzes prefer TW over piano wire as it is far kinder to the fish and lasts much longer. We use knotable wire on the Okavango and in Tanzania and each 8" section of bite tippet lasts for several fish.

http://blog.tourettefishing.com/how-...-monofilament/

http://blog.tourettefishing.com/how-...rfection-loop/

Cheers,
    Boerie
    Piscator Non Solum Piscator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2