Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dry 'N' Dry

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Bence View Post
    I'm just stirring. I know nothing about the subject ... so I should maybe just shut up and listen to the people in the know
    Like me then
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hi Nick

I am a big fan of 2 dries, especially down stream.
    The control of the 2 dries, down stream is much easier than upstream.
    Couple the down stream DRAG FREE DRIFT, with some induced drag, pulls out fish from amazing spots.
    What still baffles me, is the resistance to down stream fishing wether it is dry fly, nymphing, wet flies, or micro nymhping into pockets.
    Some of my most memorable fish have come from down stream fishing, TRY IT.
    At first it is strange to fish down stream and you have to re-look your approach. But once you get familiar with it, it becomes a joy.
    You dont fight gravity, or the water flow.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Hi Nick

I am a big fan of 2 dries, especially down stream.
    The control of the 2 dries, down stream is much easier than upstream.
    Couple the down stream DRAG FREE DRIFT, with some induced drag, pulls out fish from amazing spots.
    What still baffles me, is the resistance to down stream fishing wether it is dry fly, nymphing, wet flies, or micro nymhping into pockets.
    Some of my most memorable fish have come from down stream fishing, TRY IT.
    At first it is strange to fish down stream and you have to re-look your approach. But once you get familiar with it, it becomes a joy.
    You dont fight gravity, or the water flow.
    I have done a bit of downstream specially on the way back down a Hotel beat (the flat section) only ever nailed bass doing it.....very difficult thing to do correctly i think!!! But i will do some reading and see what tips and tricks are out there.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I have done a bit of downstream specially on the way back down a Hotel beat (the flat section) only ever nailed bass doing it.....very difficult thing to do correctly i think!!! But i will do some reading and see what tips and tricks are out there.
    maybe me and you should do a bit of fishing together?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4