Thread: Advice for the Cape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Advice for the Cape

Hi Guys
    I will be staying in Campsbay Cape Town for a couple of weeks in March and need some advice on were to fish for Garrick and grunter, I know the Breeda river is one place already have a trip down there planned but was wondering if there was any where closer to try

any advice would be appreciated
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

Welcome to the forum Trevor.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hey

The fishing around CT can be rather hit and miss, depending on lots of factors. When you get there, maybe stop in at one of the local fly fishing stores for some more info or look for a local guide. It will just speed up the process and be a bit safer too. The lagoons are pretty much the places to go. Only thing in Camps Bay you gonna catch will be a suntan!

Tight lines.
    If you work with monkeys you'll definitely slip on a banana peel!
    The way to a fly fisherman's heart is AlWAYS through his fly!!

Trevor, if I where you, I'd go offshore during that time.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Thanks, I thought Campsbay would be a right off, off shore sounds like a plan, I did ask a few guides that I could find and they were a bit shy with info and locations and seemed to push fishing for yellow fish, even though they offer estuarie fishing for grunter and garrick
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

Hi Trevor, welcome, i assume you are from SA!!...best bet is to contact Philip Meyer at Flytalk Eikendal, he is called Fish on the forum, i think he would give you some sound advice and he organises trips,or will put you in touch with the right people..
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor28 View Post
    Thanks, I thought Campsbay would be a right off, off shore sounds like a plan, I did ask a few guides that I could find and they were a bit shy with info and locations and seemed to push fishing for yellow fish, even though they offer estuarie fishing for grunter and garrick
    Try and contact Conrad Jooste, he's the man I scheme.