Thread: Best material for making dubbing brushes!

Default Best material for making dubbing brushes!

I had a look at the topicks on dubbing brushes that's in the search function. Mostly it has to do with making DIY brush makkers/blocks, I got that one down useing a few pieces of wood and some brass gears and bushes for the flyweel setup!
    My Q is this! What do you guy's and girl's mainly use in your bruches?? SF blend is a bit stiff to use on its own, even the mirror image that i have is still a bit stiff they work but boy do they get tangled up when spinning them!! I bought a few brushes a year or so back but cannot figger out what was used to make them they're super soft and lovely to work with! Now I know there are a few ingrediants to making a brush but what i want to know is what do you considder to be the best "base material" if I can call it that!

Atatched are a few pic's of the bruch maker and the flies i did! The brown brush is the one I bought the olive brush fly is my own brush!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

There doesnt seem to be too much wrong with the Olive brush? Commercial burshes are made out of all sorts of materials but a combination of craft fur and SF is pretty popular.
    Check your knots!

For freshwater (Trout, Yellowfish) def Craft fur. A lot of us use it exclusively.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 07-02-12 at 09:54 AM.

I was thinking craft fur combined with SF blend and some Angel silk! I've never used craft fur before si i wasn't to sure! The reason for asking is that I'm planing on getting a range of colors so I would like to get the right stuff from the word go!

Thanks for the info

PS! please weather the spelling I spoke English verry deliciously!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

Nice looking flies! You can maybe try Frizz Fibre as well. Works pretty good for me.
    Streamer fishing rules!

We use Frizz Fibre in our comercial streamer brushes and to make life easier for every one, we are just about to release our new Brush Fibre which is Frizz Fibre blended with micro flash in unique colour blends.

Thanks Brian saw a pic on the forum as to what it has to look like and tryed it! I'm thinking it sould work quite well on Bass aswel as Tigers! These are spesificly for a trip to Calverley's end of the month! Fishient you would'nt happen to have a date on that release by any chance would you? Thanks!!

I love the craft fur.

Look for a set of 3 brass and S/S brushes at Mica, normally R20-30. Works a charm to comb the brush, which is necessary to prevent it getting too wound up ... spin a bit, stop, brush, spin, ... repeat process

Weizterfish normally carry stock in various colors at a good price; you can also try StreamX; or FF Unlimited or Frontiers... IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER... I prefer online shopping so Weizter or Frontiers, but the service via Tel or E-mail from Craig (StreamX) is out of this world. Weizter have pics showing the colors.

Great fun, enjoy