Thread: My dream fish

Default My dream fish

One day ill get the chance to antise a fissh like this to eat my fly that one day is still long way to go but it will come i have faught them before but not yet on fly.

me with biggest yft. 72kg and there is a 80kg fish lying at my feet.

Nice fish flip! Those boys will seriously rev you on a fly

Thanks stones yes they whill kill you big time.

A friend told that same day that he charterd a week earlier and a guy asked if he can cast a fly out it wasnt 10min of flying it whas on with a big fish he fighted the fish for just over 3hours and lost it like 20m under the boat.

Default Good fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Flippie View Post
    Thanks stones yes they whill kill you big time.

A friend told that same day that he charterd a week earlier and a guy asked if he can cast a fly out it wasnt 10min of flying it whas on with a big fish he fighted the fish for just over 3hours and lost it like 20m under the boat.
    Hello Flippie,

The "Good Book" speaks about 'not despising small beginnings', so take heart... Your monster is within your reach, question is how badly do you want it?

Tuna on fly should be awesome, however catch and release will probably be difficult due to the tackle not really being able to stand up to the fish. The fish will probably either die or get eaten by sharks if it survives... Also tuna is a species under immense pressure and the oceans are about 90% fished out...

Yes, for my fellow forumers (this is a yellowfin tuna). Probably a bit less endangered...

On another note, it would be nice to catch one though. Where do you fish at the Breede river? The general areas or further up the river?

Regards
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

Quote Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
    Hello Flippie,

The "Good Book" speaks about 'not despising small beginnings', so take heart... Your monster is within your reach, question is how badly do you want it?

Tuna on fly should be awesome, however catch and release will probably be difficult due to the tackle not really being able to stand up to the fish. The fish will probably either die or get eaten by sharks if it survives... Also tuna is a species under immense pressure and the oceans are about 90% fished out...

Yes, for my fellow forumers (this is a yellowfin tuna). Probably a bit less endangered...

On another note, it would be nice to catch one though. Where do you fish at the Breede river? The general areas or further up the river?

Regards
    Yes I do whant but first safe abit for the rod and reel to handel that kind of fish.

The guy that i go with good friend is a commercial Yellow fin fisher and he said that i must tell him when im ready and than whe will go and i dont have to pay anything like usaul i must just work like one of his crew.

In the breede i fish everywhere from the mouth to about 15km upstream. but i just started the Fly fishing thing for say 2 months and i am loving it.

Still need to catch a desent fish on fly but got couple small ones already.

The foto of me holding my PB Yellow is on his boat its a 36ft Buttcat powerd by 2 honda 225hp