Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What did you learn today

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    CDC Oil is nice, but not mandatory.

I use a Tissue to dry the CDC fly after a fish eats it, then shake it in Top Ride and it's fine after that. CDC Oil just prolongs the time before you need to use the Tissue/Topride to dry the fly. I have watched Albe catch a fish on a CDC fly treated with CDC oil, and he just continued fishing without any further treatment and the fly floated perfectly. Without the CDC Oil i don't think that would be possible but if you have top ride you will be fine.
    As you will soon know the best thing for absorbing water is a childs nappy, soaks up everthing, i cut a nappy up and dry my flies with that,works a treat.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

What did I learn today? That BHP Billiton even have you do an induction just to enter their frikkin' building....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What did I learn today? That BHP Billiton even have you do an induction just to enter their frikkin' building....
    Is that water controlled by the CPS, or is it a Vaal venue...
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

That Blobs are allowed in comp ff.

What I learned this weekend is that if you forget your fly jacket at home, don't carry your fly box in your pants pocket. It will fall out somewhere along the way and you will have no clue where to look for it. School fee's -> Paid
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    What I learned this weekend is that if you forget your fly jacket at home, don't carry your fly box in your pants pocket. It will fall out somewhere along the way and you will have no clue where to look for it. School fee's -> Paid
    Yep......rule one don't forget rod, rule two reel, rule three jacket.
    James Boswell.

what i learned today?

trying to cram two weeks of work into one week is bad enough, but when you lose a day to being off sick, it just makes you really crabby...

best cure? come home, have a nice meal, pour a glass of your favourite tipple, and patiently tie some flies.

BAM - no more short fuse

oh - also learnt to tie poly streamer today. happy with my handywork.

PS - congrats on the new baby BenzoV.
    Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Like thread through the bobbin holder... so are the days of our flies

My lesson for today was how far behind I am in the tying field. I saw on face book today (and i'm not a big fb fundi).... Some of the most stunning flies I've seen in yonks and I still showed Debbie some flies that were placed in the water and she could not believe they were imitations.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

hey rols...

got links to those?
    Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Like thread through the bobbin holder... so are the days of our flies

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee View Post
    hey rols...

got links to those?
    They where on Peter Briggs facebook page they where mayfly spinner's with ellis triple wings,also some great beetles on there as well.
    James Boswell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast