Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honeymoon fly fishing and Madagascar

"No he went to Mauritius on Honeymoon, I think. Not Madagascar." not really relevant I think!

Think about this (at the possibility of sounding like a pansy I might add)
    If you take the opportunity to go Fishing on you honeymoon, regardless of it having been pre approved. What is the chance of this blowing up in your face at a later stage in your life?? There’s a reason why books like that was written!

Now on the other hand. If you leave the rods’s at home and spend time with the new miss’s. Go Island hopping, sightseeing. Exploring the comfort level of the hotel room, that kind of thing. The norm for a honeymoon. She will forever know that you gave it up to spend time with her, and in doing so, you pave the way for future fishing trips!

The downside to this will naturally be that you will be visiting some of the best fishing venues in the word. Witch ofcores would make the sacrifice all the better! Maybe if you are lucky and you really marring some one that understands how much you enjoy your fishing she will still allow you to take a rod along, the thing is she will know you were considering making that sacrifice! BUT then don’t overdo it!

That’s my Two sent. Use it, Don't use it!
    Last edited by WJvE; 15-02-12 at 04:20 PM.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

I went to Mauritius on honeymoon, and the fly rods went with. My reasoning was, when will I get the chance again soon to go to Mauritius and cast a fly there?
    Also, wife was happy with it...I only fished at the times when she was lying on the beach, and I was not more than 100m from here at those times anyway. So it was all good, no over-doing it.

The problem with Graig was, he seriously overdid the fishing time.....

Just for the record! I'm still unmarried
    I don't want to step on toes and that sort of thing
    Micheal you defenatly did it the right way, I'm thinking even once or twice in the early morning while she is still sleeping should do the trick. The danger of that ofcorce is that we all as FF know hou time flies when we are fishing so that might not be sutch a good idee!
    And as i mentioned if you wife to be knows how much you love your fishing she will most probably be the one packing the rods and stuff, but that would have been her choice!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by WJvE View Post
    Just for the record! I'm still unmarried
    I don't want to step on toes and that sort of thing
    Micheal you defenatly did it the right way, I'm thinking even once or twice in the early morning while she is still sleeping should do the trick. The danger of that ofcorce is that we all as FF know hou time flies when we are fishing so that might not be sutch a good idee!
    And as i mentioned if you wife to be knows how much you love your fishing she will most probably be the one packing the rods and stuff, but that would have been her choice!
    Just for the record, stay unmarried, you would f@ck up your relationship big time quick with that view.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

And witch view would that be Pop's??

I flyfished on my honeymoon. Still married 10 years later.

My wife married an obsessed flyfisherman and nothing has changed.
    Last edited by Garage; 16-02-12 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post
    I flyfished on my honeymoon. Still married 10 years later.

My wife married and obsessed flyfisherman and nothing has changed.
    I'm with you...she knew what she was getting into before I proposed Surely I can't be expected to change now?
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123