Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube Fly Tying things

Default Tube Fly Tying things

Guys where can I find a tube fly tying kit for a rotary vice? ive already got Kyle Keefer trawling around outside high schools for plastic lollipop sticks for me...
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Have you tried the Tubeology stuff? One fly, lots of variations.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

morne that system confuses the hell out of me. what does the piece that fits in the vice look like? I want to tie on to clear plastic tube
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Wont work for that. The piece that fits in the vice is custom made for the tubeology components.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

http://www.troutcatchers.co.uk/acata...cessories.html

The universal tube attachment fits into any vice

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Peter

Why don't you simply get a Renzetti Tube Vice? It's cheap and works very well.

Hi MC,

Ya that actually looks like a decent option. The tube kits are about that price anyway. Looking to upgrade my main vice too. Would you go Renzetti or J vice?

Check the J-vice website.. Jay makes them too!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Hi Peter,

Asking for a comparison is opening up a proper can of worms.. Try see if you can view one of each and see for yourself. I have a J-vice and have most attachments that come with it.. The tube attachment is just about all I don't have... I have the dubbing spinner and all sorts... check the website..

http://www.jvice.com/pages/ordering.html
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Ryan my only problem is most of my tying is done on the road so I want a semi-traveling vice. Jays work is insane. I just worry about the weight and I like tying on c-clamp vices and not on bases. I tie well over 10/0 as well so thats a concern. Whats the max size capability on the J Vice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast