Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: This is not a Bass

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    FWIW I have written an article covering most of the issues that have been discussed and some important ones that haven't in the next issue of African Flyfishing magazine. It also has a response from Dean, "answering" some of these issues. The magazine will be out at the end of this month. One thing is for sure, as far as I am concerned this issue is not over ...
    Darryl "Bulldog" Lampert is on it! Excellent!
    Regards
    Craig

so why aren't thes "scientists" targeting carp . the bigger picture shows how distructive they are . In my few these people are taking the easy way out and are trying to show the public they are doing something , even though carp cause more damage . Take the grass carp for example , i've seen them demolish a whole bay by eating all the vegetation in the water . Can anyone give me any info if there is any available on what is being done to stop carp?

Craig

Agreed 100%. They are spending so much money on destroying comparatively harmless trout but doing NOTHING as far as I know about the breede which has carp, barble, smallmouth bass, laregemouth bass and it is not like these alien fish have already killed all of the indigeonous fish (only most of them) so there is still a point in tackling the breede. There are still witvis in the breede. If they do something now they might just save them. The very same fish that are in the breede were responsible for the extinction since 1994 of witvis in the Berg, one of the two main rivers which used to have a healthy population of witvis. Maybe when they see:

Barbus andrewii conservation status: extinct

They will get the idea that carp, smallmouth bass and barbel (in WC) are far more of an issue than trout.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Probably rumor in which case please forgive me, but wasn't it Dean Impson who stocked Zandvlei with "Triploid" barbel when he was younger which have been there ever since?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dtayl13 View Post
    Probably rumor in which case please forgive me, but wasn't it Dean Impson who stocked Zandvlei with "Triploid" barbel when he was younger which have been there ever since?
    Putting popcorn in the microwave
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    Putting popcorn in the microwave
    Sweet flavoured or salted?
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Buttered.

Luckely no one has popped yet.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13