Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: This is not a Bass

I agree with you! (not for the first time on this thread if i'm honest)
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    On or off the record?
    I wish I could get the off the record list, but alas, I havent been fishing with the guys in the know for long enough to expect any "leaked" info

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Andre like you say what's Flytalk without the "fun"

As screwed up as my opinions may seem at times I feel I have every right to say what I feel, same way you have the right to disagree
    Absolutely old chap, I think we know each other well enough by now. And promise, i didn't call you a cnut, an ahole yes, but thats my opinion, and i'm entitled to it... no offense, but I bet i can be a bigger one than you....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I am in the same boat Jean - probably 99% of river fishing i do is on the CPS waters.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Absolutely old chap, I think we know each other well enough by now. And promise, i didn't call you a cnut, an ahole yes, but thats my opinion, and i'm entitled to it... no offense, but I bet i can be a bigger one than you....
    I would love to see you try cos it would be some feat to be a bigger a-hole than NUR. Did i mention how he whines like a girl when he's desperate for a dump?
    Last edited by gkieser; 13-03-12 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Perfect.... I am an ahole and you a cnut
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

I would love to see you try cos it would be some feat to be a bigger a-hole than NUR. Did i mention how he wines like a girl when he's desperate for a dump?
    At least I don't capsize boats....
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

At least i'm not petrified of spiders.

but in all honesty, there is now one less.
    Just out of interest Grant, have you ever fished the Rondegat? Have you read up about what part of the river they have treated? Not interested in starting a war, just genuinely want to know how much people know about the things they comment on?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Bence View Post
    I wish I could get the off the record list, but alas, I havent been fishing with the guys in the know for long enough to expect any "leaked" info
    Jean, on or off the record, the CPS rivers are the best trout rivers available in the Western cape. There are other trout rivers, but generally speaking, not a patch on the freely available one's. There are one or two that some guys like to keep secret, but the secret really is only in the personal relationships established with certain landowners in the Boland and Cedarberg, and a few of these are worth preserving. So, rest assured unless you have access to the upper Olifants for some yellowfish, don't worry. as far as the Hex River goes, the Witvis are all but wiped out, so theres not much to talk about there. The streams near Stellenbosch, are as freely available to any intrepid soul, as the Upper Elandspad, and i would far sooner take the walk up to EP 4, or Witte 6than try and find a river where there may or may not be fish. Contact the club, and get onto the JDT if you can, alternatively, pack a backpack for a couple of days, get hold of the hiking club, and make your way up the Witels. None of these are secret. The one's that are secret, don't worry about.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast