Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slimline Kingi Seeker By Jax

not my pic Jax - i just found it on google.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I Didn't realise you're a KZN boy. I am too, originally - Zinkwazi was where i grew up.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

In my day we were Bananna Boys. I was Durban and Pietermaritzburg. Mainly Durban.

Liked fishing North Zululand Coast or wherever there was water to fish. That was way back in the 60's. Jax
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    This is a fly I have been trying on our Local King Fish. So Far it has had a good reception and my fishing buddy has landed two good Rats. I on the otherhand have been on the camera as the fish can't or won't see my offerings. Next Time!!! Jax
    that fly with a few colour tweaks would kill our tuna offshore!

i like the red hook idea as well. bought a few yonks ago and was wondering what to tie up with them...will churn out a few of these in the next while and report back on what succumbs to it.

have some time off in April so will take my boat out with a fly rod and see what i can find out there. have a few target species i know quite well that i'd like to get on fly.

i watched a kingfish (yellowtail) dvd off new zealand a while back and i must say i was bowled over! serious big fish and easy to catch in certain areas and at certain times of the year i'm sure...

you'd need a 20wt to deal with those brutes in that area...
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    that fly with a few colour tweaks would kill our tuna offshore!

i like the red hook idea as well. bought a few yonks ago and was wondering what to tie up with them.

Hi there...

The red hook will work, but my suggestion is not to tie on these as they rust very easily. My concern was that the rust would weaken the hook, so I refrain from using them.

...Unless of course you plan on using these flies as a disposable version.

Regards
    Sudesh

Hi Sudesh; You are quite right to point out that the Hooks will tend to rust.

We are aware of this and religiously wash not only our reels and lines in Fresh water after each outing, But our Flies as well and so far so good. Only time will tell.Or Kingis that smoke you will negate the Rust factor. Have Fun. Jax
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12