Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who's fishing SB6 Sunday?

Default Who's fishing SB6 Sunday?

Just out of interest who's booked SB6 on Sunday??
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hey Nic, how you doing?
    Went past SB6 on Sunday and there isn't much water there. You'll be fishing for rocks n pebbles........
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..

Me, whats up? Is it too low?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Matt, when are you guys going to KZN?
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Me, whats up? Is it too low?
    Not sure i tried to book was wondering who had it. enjoy . i have transport water lets hope there is rain.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Not sure i tried to book was wondering who had it. enjoy . i have transport water lets hope there is rain.
    I have SB6 on Saturday Nick, you are welcome to join me if you like? Bit of rain in Fish Hoek at the moment, hope some of it makes it to the mountains.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Fishing EP2 on Sat and then SB6 on Sunday. We leave on Tuesday... I hope!
    Last edited by FishWhisperer; 15-03-12 at 11:13 PM.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Fishing SB2 on Sat and then SB6 on Sunday. We leave on Tuesday... I hope!
    Matt, you do realise that fishing both days of the weekend on club waters is against the club rules and can get you suspended? This it to allow all 700 odd members a reasonable chance to get onto a beat on a weekend. With only 25 beats and 700 members it's the only way to allow "fair" access. This is regardless of whose name the beat is booked in. A further problem is that members in the past who have booked beats on both days will often cherry pick the best day from a weather perspective and not fish the other day which again is just a waste. Just thought you should know seen as you have published your intent.
    Last edited by dlampert; 15-03-12 at 08:59 PM.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Matt, you do realise that fishing both days of the weekend on club waters is against the club rules and can get you suspended? This it to allow all 700 odd members a reasonable chance to get onto a beat on a weekend. With only 25 beats and 700 members it's the only way to allow "fair" access. This is regardless of whose name the beat is booked in. A further problem is that members in the past who have booked beats on both days will often cherry pick the best day from a weather perspective and not fish the other day which again is just a waste. Just thought you should know seen as you have published your intent.
    He's only in the book for Saturday. He doesn't have a Sunday booking. He's either talking out his nought, or he's going poaching....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I know we can't book two beats on the same weekend but was completely unaware that we couldn't book one and then come as someone else's guest on the other day? Even if you fish with two different members? That ridiculous! Surely the CPS would have informed me when I made the bookings?

Are you yanking my crank Darryl or are you serious?
    Last edited by FishWhisperer; 16-03-12 at 12:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast