Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saltwater Guides in Cape Town

Default saltwater Guides in Cape Town

Guys anybody know of a company besides liquid Horizon that does guiding on and around the estuaries, liquid Horizon don't have any guides available on Sunday
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor28 View Post
    Guys anybody know of a company besides liquid Horizon that does guiding on and around the estuaries, liquid Horizon don't have any guides available on Sunday
    What estuary do you want to go to? the only estuary in Cape Town, of any marginal fishing value is Sandvlei, and you don't need a guide. My advice is to decide when you want to go fishing, and invite one of the local guys to take you, to Blakes or something, in exchange for lunch, some petrol money, or a few beverages.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    What estuary do you want to go to? the only estuary in Cape Town, of any marginal fishing value is Sandvlei, and you don't need a guide. My advice is to decide when you want to go fishing, and invite one of the local guys to take you, to Blakes or something, in exchange for lunch, some petrol money, or a few beverages.
    I like the way you think Andre, is anybody interested,as far as the river dont mind
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor28 View Post
    I like the way you think Andre, is anybody interested,as far as the river dont mind
    I would be more than happy to take you out to the trout streams. But saltwater... don't waste your time...trust me, unless you desparate, you cas go to blakes and cast a fly into the southeater, with a city behind you...no thanks.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I would be more than happy to take you out to the trout streams. But saltwater... don't waste your time...trust me, unless you desparate, you cas go to blakes and cast a fly into the southeater, with a city behind you...no thanks.
    I agree I have also lost the desire to fish Zandvlei, but thats probably because I have not been able to land anything there

Having said that though, there are some pretty large Leeries swimming around in there if you willing to make the effort....
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

EISH! I quite enjoy a trip to sandvlei or blakes, or .....
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    beats mini trout for me
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Your choice.. not mine.

I agree Andre! No Thanks!!!!

I'm not sure how "new" or whatever, but I spoke to a guy today and he said something about the guys ripping the Leeries at Sandvlei a week or so ago when the mouth opened. He said it was on Sealine. Any of you guys heard anything? Apparently they were using multiple hooks and just hauling the fish out. Like I say, this was in the pub so......
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast