Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Orvis' Reputation in South Africa

Default orvis rods

i bought an orvis helios and a hydros and love the two rods . i've had my helios for 2 years now and i use it alot , and it gets its fair share of abuse. i havent broken it yet and have no problem with it. its a great rod .

my hydros is around the same age and i've broken it twice . This rod is a 9ft 5wt midflex . i sent it to omnisport and i was told i would have it back in 6 to 8 weeks . when they send it back to me , i recieved a tipflex ?

maybe that is the reason orvis doesn't have the reputation they should
    have

...here in the UK you can expect an Orvis replacement in about a week or two costing you 20.
    Not bad, due to this I tried breaking my TLS Powermatrix 4# when I hooked a 10lb pike while targeting perch and managed to bend the poor rod like a horse shoe without breaking and landing the pike within 5min....

I use Orvis and Hardy, loving both but Orvis warranty is better.

Johannes

when i was in scotland i broke my hydros (MY FAULT) send it to orvis in kelso , in about 5 days i had a whole new rod . Quality service

After sales service is incredible, I have broken about 3/4 rods in my time and they replace them no questions asked. Bit of a mission getting them to a store if you're in SA, but if you have family going or friends it's really easy. Guy in Dover street shop is a S African called Jimmy and so friendly.
    Recently broke my zero gravity and they gave me a brand knew Helios - awesome!

Cheers
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Why is Orvis breaking so much.have 4 friends who all had the helios rods,all 4 have broken theirs.I really like those rods but due to this i will not buy one.

perhaps this is why they were discontinued so fast, you cant buy them anymore
    Regards
    Craig

It was an awesome rod,but those tips were insanely thin and i am sure that had to do with alot of the breakages.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Why is Orvis breaking so much.have 4 friends who all had the helios rods,all 4 have broken theirs.I really like those rods but due to this i will not buy one.
    Car door - 2... Oar -1... me not joining furrels together properly - 1... Just got the Helios, its tip is thin, but will let you know how it goes and whether or not it lasts...
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234