Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rod for tiger fishing

Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    hi guys

Which rod would you recommend for a tiger fishing trip and why. I was thinking of getting a Sage tcx, but I would probably only use the rod once or twice a year, which would be a waste.

I have read good reviews of the tfo bvk, would it suffice?

Thanks for the help
    I really enjoy fishing a Sage rod, but if I could make a suggestion... Get yourself a Stealth Bomber.. Really affordable, can throw a line, more than enough backbone and it really isn't a bad rod for what you paying!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I really enjoy fishing a Sage rod, but if I could make a suggestion... Get yourself a Stealth Bomber.. Really affordable, can throw a line, more than enough backbone and it really isn't a bad rod for what you paying!!
    Hi

Was thinking about getting one of those, casted my friends one and it really casts like a dream. At the end I opted for a TFO TiCrX, it will be here tommorow, I might just get the stealth as a backup option.

Thanks for the reply guys, the Sage bass also sounds great, will have a look at that one two. But might get one in a smaller size and then I can use it for my bass fishing too.

I have the TiCrX too.. Decent rod with a lot of backbone for that sort of fishing.. I just find with the TFO's you really feel it in the hands the next day.. Enjoy it! Good luck!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I have the TiCrX too.. Decent rod with a lot of backbone for that sort of fishing.. I just find with the TFO's you really feel it in the hands the next day.. Enjoy it! Good luck!
    Yep, I have a 7wt TiCrX and yea they do get a tad heavy after a day, a week is worse though, but hey if it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger.

Thanks I'm sure I will enjoy, can't wait

Based on my experiences of fishing for tigers last weekend, I'd say get the stiffest rod you can lay your hands on. Setting the hook is a slight challenge. I'll use a broom stick next time
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

10wt TFO Axiom... + SL6

Legendary...

TCR/TCX followed closely by an Axiom ... depending on budget

Actually give me a G.Loomis Croscurrent GLX/NRX ... yummy.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

The TFO Jim teeny is a great rod! punches out big flies with ease, and is fairly light compared to most 9 weights.
    Just my contribution to your question.

Hope it helps!
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Also, if you can get one as it has been discontinued... The Airflo Bluetooth XT is super light! and definitely has a great back bone. I have one, and have fished all day without getting tired. Really a brilliant rod!

Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123