Thread: Nova Mambone, Inhambane, Moçambique

Default Nova Mambone, Inhambane, Moçambique

Hi Guy ,
    We will be travelling to Nova Mombone , Mozambiique in May and I would like to know if anybody here has been close too or in this area , I would really appreciate some advice and tips.

Thanks in advance
    V&C

seems like no one has been down. Mayb I can pick your guys brains with help on fly selection, we will be hopefully in catching Cuta , Natal snoek , Baracuda n rockcod and mayb GT (if we lucky)... if u had to take a selection of 10 of the best salty flies ? what woudl it be?
    Thnks

Selection of Salty Buggers
    Selection of Clousers (Olive/White, Chartreuse/White, Pink/White, Blue/White)
    Some form of popper/gurgler/slider/flippers
    Selection of Profile flies
    Selection of Sempers

Your main problem is going to be getting your flies down if you're fishing from a boat, that some of the other guys will be able to help you with info on that, but a good place to start is the Depthfinder 8.5IPS.

For surface fishing and/or fishing in the surf off of ledges and so forth, those will get you nice Pompano, Kingies, etc.

Good luck!
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Thnks a million !

Good luck, I hope you catch something

Remember to take some steel with in case you're going to be targetting Couta.

If you can fish a ledge where you can get your fly down you cn also run into a rock cod or a Cob ... remember to hang on for dear life with those, if you let them run back into their hole you're going to lose a line.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

report back ... fly fishing from a rocking boat with little experience and heavy winds can really break you. After a few attempts with the flyrod i decided to pack it away. Majority of our fishing was done trolling and bottom fishing in shallow reefs less than 3mts deep with the odd spoons used when we hit big shoals . Awesum fun with species like - King and Queen Mackerel , rock cods in a few varieties , king emperor , red snappers , 1 x GT , trigger fish , Matahari's , Karapou , pike , flat heads (caught on fly) .. and a few other unknow species. All in all ,the best 3 days of fishing in my life !