Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SAGE One replaces the SAGE TCR/TCX ?

Default SAGE One replaces the SAGE TCR/TCX ?

Hello,

I've eard about the new SAGE One ... is it true that this is intended as a direct replacement for the TCR/TCX ranges ? What is the action like and is it true that the One is even lighter than the TCR/TCX but still has the same type of action and pulling power ? From my experience the TCR/TCX is very very light but extremely powerful, really a pleasure to fish with.

Hoping the SAGE boffins can respond with some accurate (unbiased) information here.

Thanks.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Phew.. interesting. I would be surprised if the One replaces the TCX, as they are very different.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hey Andre.

Well this is what I was told by a devout TCR/TCX owner ... I just found it interresting and am hoping to get some additional info/comments on this from people who know either by first hand experience with both rods or some other means.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Said Devout Owner had it a bit wrong. The One replaced the Z-Axis, which was the replacement to the XP. The TCX was the rod that followed on the TCR range. The One and TCX are both current ranges and are very, very different. In my sort of language I'd call the TCX Ultra-fast and the One Fast. With a line on, the One doesn't feel as quick as it does in the popular "shop wiggle" assessment. You can almost feel it talking to you in the cast, helping you along and forgiving a multiple of sins that the TCX would just b!tch-slap you for...

I have both the One and TCX in 7wt in 10' and they differ a lot. The TCX is a power muncher and by far my rod of choice.The One with 1mm thicker butt than TCX and thinner taper towards the tip (hence the 17% - 20% reduction in weight) in turn is a way better presentation rod but lacks fighting power where you pull fish from structure using 15-22lb tippet. If I ever read "TCX discontinued" I'm gonna direct my life savings towards buying 5 or 6 TCX'S. 10 x TCX's has a nice ring to it!
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 29-03-12 at 05:40 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

.....and the Hardy Sintrix replaces the One. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    I believe coal is now being investigated as an alternative to nuclear power too

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    In Korea, yes.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    In Korea, yes.
    Explain this insightful comment please.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    Said Devout Owner had it a bit wrong. The One replaced the Z-Axis, which was the replacement to the XP. The TCX was the rod that followed on the TCR range. The One and TCX are both current ranges and are very, very different. In my sort of language I'd call the TCX Ultra-fast and the One Fast. With a line on, the One doesn't feel as quick as it does in the popular "shop wiggle" assessment. You can almost feel it talking to you in the cast, helping you along and forgiving a multiple of sins that the TCX would just b!tch-slap you for...
    ************ clap, clap, clap ************

Probably the best explanation we have ever heard!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast