Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Fever claims another!!

Default Yellow Fever claims another!!

Hi There to all my fellow fly fishers! (It's so cool to finally be able to say that)

My name is Scott Murray and I'm currently a student at Wits (final year hopefully) and have been reading TCFF for a while now and have always loved the idea of fly fishing but never knew how to get into it.

Anyway, eventually I started asking around and a stranger offered to take my girlfriend and I fishing for Yellows on the Vaal.

Long story short, I caught my first ever small mouth yellow on a D.D.D. and I'm officially hooked. Not just on fly fishing for yellows, but the entire sport.. the people, the ethos... EVERYTHING.
    I hope to get to know you all a lot better both through the forum and out on the water.
    "Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish" - Sparse Grey Hackle (Alfred W. Miller)

a very warm welcome on a chilly Joburg day Scott.

What is it that you are studying? (I mean at Wits)

Welcome Scott. Good to have you on board.

BTW who was the stranger ??????????

He needs to be acknowledged.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post

Hi BenzoV

Thanks for the warm welcome.. it is indeed rather chilly. I'm doing my honours in Actuarial Science. So for the moment I have to keep connected to fishing through mags and forums.. but hopefully when I qualify I can put a lot more time in on the water.

What do you do?
    "Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish" - Sparse Grey Hackle (Alfred W. Miller)

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post

Hi BenzoV

Thanks for the warm welcome.. it is indeed rather chilly. I'm doing my honours in Actuarial Science. So for the moment I have to keep connected to fishing through mags and forums.. but hopefully when I qualify I can put a lot more time in on the water.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Welcome Scott. Good to have you on board.

BTW who was the stranger ??????????

He needs to be acknowledged.

Hi Herman

Thanks.. its good to be on board.

His name is Pieter Snyders, he goes by Pipe on FlyTalk. He was hospitable in the truest sense of the word. He loaned us rods and reels and he allowed my girlfriend to use his waders.

Here's a few pics of the one and only yellow for the day between 5 of us.

He was taken on a D.D.D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HI Scott,

Welcome on the Forum and congrats on the Yellow.

@PIPE aka Pieter Snyders. Well done on your effort. That is one of the reasons I FF
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Welcome buddy.

I can assure you that you will have hours and hours worth off fun, both on the water and reading the forums.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Hey Pipe, well done on helping the newbies. ( Now where is that like button )
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast