Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glue to secure Braided Loops on Sinking Line

Arrow Glue to secure Braided Loops on Sinking Line

Hi GUys

What glue could I use to secure my Braided loops on my Sinking fly line?? I've secured the loop with floss but on youtube they recommend a dash of glue on top of that.

They just say super glue but Im scared that the wrong glue might chow the line..

Input would be much appreciated

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBMC View Post
    Hi GUys

What glue could I use to secure my Braided loops on my Sinking fly line?? I've secured the loop with floss but on youtube they recommend a dash of glue on top of that.

They just say super glue but Im scared that the wrong glue might chow the line..

Cool
    Normal, standard super glue works well. I've used various makes and had no issues.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Cool thanks Will get some after work

Quote Originally Posted by thomasvdb View Post
    Normal, standard super glue works well. I've used various makes and had no issues.

Mark, what I would do (personally) is remove the "floss" (sorry ) then secure the braided loop with a nail knot (I use 12lb fluoro for that particular job), trim the strands of braid close to the nail knot, then massage some pliobond on around both sides of the nail knot to give it a more smooth ramp up over that knot.

I sometimes use floss or tying thread to build up that little ramp area, and then some pliobond over that.

As it dries, roll the pliobond area around the nail knot tightly between thumb and forefinger - comes up really neat and is very durable.
    The highest form of existence is play.

Explained better than I can with pics etc by Dan Blanton:

Now trap the braided sleeve to the line using a 10- to 12-turn nail knot just above where the line enters the braided core, using 10- to 12-pound-test mono. Trim the tag ends of the braid close to the nail knot. Coat the nail knot and the area were the end of the line enters the tag core with flexible cement such as Plyobond or Loop knot dressing.
    http://www.danblanton.com/blog/getting-looped/
    The highest form of existence is play.

I hope Mc post a couple of thoughts on the subject. I believe he only use one whip instead of two.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Thanks so much for the input guys and specially that link given Helps a lot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBMC View Post
    Hi GUys

Cool
    What weight setup you sorting out? What you planning on chasing?

Apart from the whip finishing type securing etc etc the other guys have recommended. I personally find with normal superglue, though it does the job, the braid goes 'stiff' (no I haven't yet tried it on that part of my anatomy...)
    There is a flexible superglue available I know in the USA. I will try get the name overnight as I also want to experiment with this as perhaps a better option to normal superglue which sets hard on the braid and 'clanks' through the rod rings

cheers,
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hey

Its for my 8wt sinking line, targeting KOB in gamtoos but the holes are deep so need a sinker to to get me to the bottom where the big momma's hang

Quote Originally Posted by fdavis View Post
    What weight setup you sorting out? What you planning on chasing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast