Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some more Tenkara

Blog Entries

One thing missing from that clip is the sound of flyline being striped of a reel..........best sound in the world....
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

2. Default

How long does that guy fight that 7lbs fish?? like 3 minutes or less?? Bet you if he had a reel there he would have let that fish run up-and -down that pool for MUCH longer to tire him out.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    How long does that guy fight that 7lbs fish?? like 3 minutes or less?? Bet you if he had a reel there he would have let that fish run up-and -down that pool for MUCH longer to tire him out.
    Not arguing the merrits of what rod and reel he should have used,hell if we where then a coffee grinder and 40lb line would be the quickest way ...just observing the sound we all say we love to hear when where fishing...
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Agreed 100% Nic, the lack of any outgoing "zzzz" is biggest thing missing off of some of my heavier saltwater reels! That sound is a part of fly fishing
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Tenkara is for people who can't flyfish
    Administrators must remain neutral, and are not allowed opinions :-)
    Regards
    Craig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
    administrators must remain neutral, and are not allowed opinions :-)
    lmao..........
    James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Probably. A fly rod, even a very soft flyrod, is a lot stiffer than a Tenkara rod, so might not have provided adequate tippett protection. I think with a flyrod and reel, one might be forced to allow the fish to pull some line.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123