Thread: Hello Everyone!!

Default Hello Everyone!!

Hey guys!!

My names haneef and im from durban. I've been a rock and surf person all my life and i simply love fishing. Not too long ago i was given a beautifull Daiwa Osprey 5/6 wt rod. He found it and although the cloth cover was all eaten up the rod itself is brand new. I decided to try out Fly fishing and a friend of mine offered to show me the ropes. He lent me reel to try out for a bit and so thats where i am at the moment! he was also very kind enough to give me 1 fly but i have to say im already hooked! i''ve been out once actually on the tuesday that just passed and it was fantastic! i still love rock n surf but fly fishing is just as fun. I need help with saltwater flys as thats what i'll be doing most of the time. I would really appreciate some assistance as well as to buy some flies from the experienced guys. Please help me out!! and looking forward to posting my succss stories here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haneef View Post
    Hey guys!!

My names haneef and im from durban. I've been a rock and surf person all my life and i simply love fishing. Not too long ago i was given a beautifull Daiwa Osprey 5/6 wt rod. He found it and although the cloth cover was all eaten up the rod itself is brand new. I decided to try out Fly fishing and a friend of mine offered to show me the ropes. He lent me reel to try out for a bit and so thats where i am at the moment! he was also very kind enough to give me 1 fly but i have to say im already hooked! i''ve been out once actually on the tuesday that just passed and it was fantastic! i still love rock n surf but fly fishing is just as fun. I need help with saltwater flys as thats what i'll be doing most of the time. I would really appreciate some assistance as well as to buy some flies from the experienced guys. Please help me out!! and looking forward to posting my succss stories here!!!
    Welcome, I am sure that one of the seasoned saltwater guys will be able to assist.

It would be worthwhile to ask around and book a guide in your area.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Welcome to the forum and the great past time of fly fishing.Hope you learn all you need to here.

Welcome to FT and FF. A lot to learn here between good advise and friendly banter.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"