Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Leervis poppers

Default Leervis poppers

What poppers do you guys find to be the most successful for Leeries?

The ones I have had a lot of success with in the past were always white with two inch long white fine bucktail tails and big eyes painted on them. I still have a few of my home tied poppers, which I shaped out of balsa and then coated with many layers of hobby dope and finally clear laquer. Making them is a time consuming affair but very creative and rewarding, and they are extremely durable.

I would like to hear what you guys are using. Are any of you making your own?

Hi Chris, so far the pencil popper has proved well. I dont make my own but will as soon as Juan send me the recipe. I will load it under the saltwater flies. I have been dreaming up a few variations. I have also been wondering if one can manipulate the action of the popper by changing the profile a bit. cutting grooves etc. Has anyone experimented with an airbrush on flies ? I am sure you can get some interesting designs done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Chris, so far the pencil popper has proved well. I dont make my own but will as soon as Juan send me the recipe. I will load it under the saltwater flies. I have been dreaming up a few variations. I have also been wondering if one can manipulate the action of the popper by changing the profile a bit. cutting grooves etc. Has anyone experimented with an airbrush on flies ? I am sure you can get some interesting designs done.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your attempts Pierre. Must say, I very much enjoyed making mine.

I know surfboard manufactures print on a rise paper and then coat that onto the board with resin. The paper dissapears and only the design is visible. I was wondering if you guys maybe know of a paper one could use in your desktop printer that can be used in the same manner on poppers. I can whip up some nice affects on the pc.

I know surfboard manufactures print on a rise paper and then coat that onto the board with resin. The paper dissapears and only the design is visible. I was wondering if you guys maybe know of a paper one could use in your desktop printer that can be used in the same manner on poppers. I can whip up some nice affects on the pc.

I know this is definitely possible Pierre, a build skateboards in my spare time ( what little I get of it!! ) and alot of the guys on a board building forum I'm on use this method of transfer for their graphics/Decals/Logos.... I'll see what I can do about finding specs of the rice paper for you that one can run through a printer etc.

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone has any airbrush skills too, so if anyone has, show them off!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Hi Nepptune, thanks allot man I would really appreciate it. Thinking of making a WP Popper. White with blue stripes..heheheh. Can whip up some nice gradient effects in Corel Draw and overlay then in different colours.

I would also like to see some airbrush work. The detail you can achive is awsome.

[QUOTE=Pierre;2202] Thinking of making a WP Popper. White with blue stripes..heheheh. .
    QUOTE]

a WP popper would be a great choice, that way even the slowest Leerie could catch it!!!! :
    Hahahahaha!!!! Sorry, as a Sharks man, it had to be said!!!
    No doubt it'll be a good colour combo though!!!

Andre

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

HAHAHA, I left the door wide open for that one !!! Cool man. Ok so lets see your Sharks version then Nepptune !

HAHAHA, I left the door wide open for that one !!! Cool man. Ok so lets see your Sharks version then Nepptune !
    Ha... you think your WP vision will be quick enough to spot it????

Not sure a black and white version would be too good, but throw a little red in there for the blood of a "Shark Attack" and we may be getting somewhere!!!

I've always wondered why WP is the only province who have a flower as there emblem.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast