Thread: Rand Water Board Notification 2012 - IMPORTANT URGENT NOTICE

Default Rand Water Board Notification 2012 - IMPORTANT URGENT NOTICE

Dear All

Please note that the attached notice means that Rand Water will be opening the Barrage fully and the water in the river between the Dam and the Barrage will be hitting our shores and properties.

Please take note and make the necessary preparations as quickly as possible
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

The flow has already increased since yesterday I think.

As far as i understand it is, it won’t be opened fully. The flow today is still 25cubs, was increased from 20cubs to 25cubs last week Thursday. Again from what i understand it will be opened to 65cubs on Sunday the 10th (level should drop app 29cm a day) for 5 days lowering the barrage by 1.5m. Until the 18th when they will start filling the barrage. Should give the landowners enough time to repair their jetties!

But as i say, this is just what i understand................. anything is possible with these okes, it might happen sooner and it might be a higher, quicker outflow, but one thing we do know. It will happen.

I was thinking they would have to be more careful with the water in the dam seeing that it is currently at 74.64%, how much of this will have to be used to refill the barrage? Have they arranged for water from the Lesotho highlands scheme? At who’s expense? Maybe the landowners who can afford to have and fix their jetties there can also afford to account for the water needed to refill the dam. Or am i way off here? Just saying.

Guys if you are in and around the areas, just keep a lookout for the bastard illegal dumpers, i have heard that there are some that take full advantage of increased flows to dump whatever they dumping, knowing it just gets washed downstream unnoticed!

hahahaha.....good one Thor!~

Andre, you are right though. I just received this from a friend and informed all.
    Who knows, who is paying for what? Maybe Reveck can share some light? That is alot of water, especially at this time of year.
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Loch Vaal will be virtually empty, except for the original river channel.

I wonder how much accumulated sh!t from the Riet will drain into the original river channel?

The Riet is still flowing after all.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    hahahaha.....good one Thor!~

Andre, you are right though. I just received this from a friend and informed all.
    Who knows, who is paying for what? Maybe Reveck can share some light? That is alot of water, especially at this time of year.
    Here are the details:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Brandon.

I must also add i am impressed in the way Randwater have controlled it this time by gradually rising the outflow as apposed to going from 15 straight to 60. It does make a difference. Might be slight, but is better.

My pleasure

I get answers! It may take some time.....but get them.