Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WANTED! - 10ft 6wt Magnum

Default WANTED! - 10ft 6wt Magnum

Howzit Guys,

I'm in need of a 10ft 6wt Magnum... I need it for the upcoming Junior nationals please PM if you're interested!

Thanks,
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by fishlover1 View Post
    Howzit Guys,

I'm in need of a 10ft 6wt Magnum... I need it for the upcoming Junior nationals please PM if you're interested!

Thanks,

Nick
    Nick, I have a 10 foot 5 wt Greys streamflex if you are interested.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I would be interested! however all my lines are rated 6/7wt, so a 5wt is too light. But thanks for letting me know!
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

A mate of mine has the 6wt but 9ft to sell.

I need the 10ft for distance. 9ft isnt really an ideal length for boat use either. But thank you for letting me know!

Nick

I need the 10ft for distance. 9ft isnt really an ideal length for boat use either. But thank you for letting me know!

Nick
    If you are talking about distance, as in distance casting, a 9 foot might be better, but for boat work, a la, competitions, yes, a 10 foot is a better rod. Also, with the very long leader you will use, the more tippy action of the 10 foot rod, in my opinion, might help for better line and leader control, so you are definatly on the right track.
    The 10 foot Greys Streamflex is a medium action rod, and might be nice for the boat based work you are going to have to do in the nationals.
    Where do you live, if we can get it to you, You are free to try it out? I might have a matched line as well if you want, will have to check.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I am with my family in Dubai at the moment. But the reason why im wanting the 6wt is because all my lines are all 6/7wt, and that will be a bit too much for a 5wt to handle, as i am fishing a Di5 or Di3 from the boat most of the time. But thanks again for the consideration!

Nick

Or you can try my 6wt 10ft TFO Pro if you like?
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Andre, how much do you want for the 5?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Howzit Guys,

Thanks,
    Nick
    Get hold of Gani's.. You'll pick one up brand new for cheap and only pay R65 for speed services delivery. Call them.. 013 692 7199
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast