Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zanzibar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    There is a lot of life on the tip of the reef where the locals can't get to. I saw many many many species of small (<10cm) fish and large numbers of starfish, cucumbers, swimming prawns, eels and even a watersnake.

Lovely to go and see, snorkel and swim ... leave the rods at home.

*shrug*
    For sure! When diving I saw huge schools of Barracuda and kingy's but that was beyond the breakers
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Good day im off to Zanzibar im beginning of march would love some advise so that I can make a couple casts please advise how to go about to atleast get one rod there will I be able to take it as hand luggage on the plain ?

Read this thread 😉

Which resort are you going to?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Hi All!

I'm going to Zanzibar (Hotel Matlai) in March and thought I'd just keep the thread count down by asking for a bit of advice here.

I am going to be taking my 10wt Guide 2 along which is currently paired with a Stealth GT with 9wt di7 shooting head line which I bought for our coast. Given the lack of big waves and the shallower (presumably) depth of water I'd imagine this is not the best line for fishing tropical beeches so the question is: Do I get an intermediate or floating line to take along as well? I do have a spare spool for the GT so both lines can come along for the ride in case i go reef fishing in a local dugout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12