Thread: How to make a fly tier happy

Post How to make a fly tier happy

How to make a fly tier happy:wink:

Hi Guys. As a fly tier I look forward to hearing just how effective or not my flies have proved when they are being used by another Fly fisher.
    Quite often when I have posted a fly on a Web Site, one or two members have commented on the flies and said they would be tying some up to see how they would perform on their waters.
    Now the question is. Did they actually tie a few for themselves and did they actually fish them?
    Believe me. A fly tier has no greater reward than hearing that his fly has done well in the hands of another fisher.
    So, if you do try a pattern posted on the Site please let the folks know how it went weather Good, Bad or Indifferent. Thanks in anticipation.
    Last edited by Jax; 17-07-13 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Add on
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Ya agree..... I go for very simple flies, less dressing, and flies that can be tied very quickly. In Rhodes earlier this year, I did well with my CDC dubbing brush fly with blue bead. (just abou all my flies are done with CDC and/or dubbing brush nowadays) By day two, everyone wanted some, and everyone caught. Was great.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.