Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: TFO Axiom and BVK Vs Winston VSL and Passport.

Too true core fly - and that want is created by clever marketing which as we know on many fronts often is only that - clever words designed to plant perceptions irrespective of whether the product they are trying to sell is way way better or not - it is about the fish remember, we caught lots of fish on those old Deane's and we still catch lots of fish on any rod we use properly....

how many products have we seen where the manufacturers chuck a heap of money into the marketing (movies a classic example), build up the hype and then charge the ring out of it, partly because they have to to pay for the marketing !!!!! Then there are the links in the route to market - all clipping the ticket, some more than others....make sense to pay for all that fat ??? I don't think so and I won't do it.

We complain about the cost of things - we are to a large extent the cause of it.

Steve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    It's simple really I'm very pedantic about everything fly-fishing related, from the clothes that I wear to the tackle that I use to the fly I put on the end of tippet because frankly it's a way of life and not just a hobby and I'm not going to say sorry or apologize for using top of the line equipment. I want to give myself every opportunity to be best equipped for the day when that beast of a fish takes your fly, like it recently did.
    Have you tried crab patterns?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

You are very funny.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Have you tried crab patterns?
    Yes I have but they were not as successful as cracking open an Egyptian Goose egg and using that duckling as bait for gigantic Tadpoles. The gooy yolk flavoured bird just kicks everythings elses r's.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 08-08-12 at 08:36 AM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Neil - what did you finally end up getting ? Why not put up some pics of the project in progress as you get to the different stages - and then a heap of pics of the fish it catches !

Steve

TFO BVK is what I got

You wont be sorry - so when are you going to start with the messy process and putting it all together ?

Steve

Here's some motivation Neil
    Went out and extracted a fair bit of enjoyment from my BVK today - some horse kahwai were pulled and I'm as happy as any fly rod can make a man regardless of price tag

Last edited by William Ewels; 22-08-12 at 01:43 PM.
    The highest form of existence is play.

Quote Originally Posted by William Ewels View Post
    ... some horse kahwai were pulled and I'm as happy as any fly rod can make a man regardless of price tag
    Lekker! Thanks for that, do remember to stock up on your supply of beans, my visit is looming nearer faster than anticipated
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Anyone know the make of reelseat used on the 6 wt BVK rod?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910