Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christiana Fly fishing festival 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I have just finished my tying marathon.

100 flies in the box, nymphs, caddis, rockworms, brassies.

Now I can start dreaming of that 4.3 kg + S.M. which would be my new PB.:wink::wink:

5 sleeps to go.
    Nice Herman that's good to hear, I've got a night or two that i still need to tie then i'l be sorted!
    Does anyone know the situation with sponsorship for the festival this year, now that bells is out of the game?

John between us i'm sure we'l get some sweet photo's and footage to put together. Always so hard to put the rod down to take a few pics though.

Don't put it down, gooi the butt in your mouth (raise the bar a lil these side way jobs are getting boring) and take some wicked snaps!

Finally, I'm starting to get amped for this years event. A couple of flies to be tied and I'm done..

Seriously slumming it this year, I'm tired of over packing and brining 95% of it all back again. This year none of that. 2 man tent,mattress, sleeping bag and a chair. Propper R&S bait box to keep the beer cold and that is it.

Roll on Christiana!!!!!
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Good news Ab,as the bakkie is nearly full with boat and all.See you Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Good news Ab,as the bakkie is nearly full with boat and all.See you Thursday
    U taking a boat to do a drift or 2 john?

Ja,incase i feel for a change of scenery or species

Thanx for the lift brother.... Thursday it is!!!
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Sooo, the festival was once again a resounding success.

HUGE Kudo's to Carl Nel and the staff of the Nkolo Spa.

The food was great, the fishing strangely difficult, the cpmpany EXCELLENT.

Oh YA, I mustn't forget to mention my by now famous " SOUP " . :tongue:
    Last edited by Herman Jooste; 15-10-12 at 08:15 PM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

It was an absolute blast and cant imagine being in a different group of guys.
    I for one was very happy with my monster sm i caught so good weekend for me despite it being very hard.It seems that Kobus flushing the system a few days before in actual fact stressed the fish out and they moved into deeper waters.
    This was very evident also by the fact that the large majority of fish were caught below the lowest rapids nearer the deepest sections.

Hey Guys!

I think awesome is an understatement EPIC is more like it. thanks to everyone for making it such a good weekend. the food was good and the company was excellent.

the waters even with difficult fishing was excellent. ( with a group like that you cant have a *** day on the water with laughter beeing plentyful)

Not even snapping the new rod on the first fish could make this weekend sour ( Dankie Tog for a Spare Rod)

Hermans soup!!!! of coarse beeing the higlight of the weekend. Thanks for the lift Herman!

Cant wait for next years event.

Only bad thing is that even after four days offishing im itching to cast a fly again. Suppose thats what keeps us going

Yours truly

Goeie P.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast