Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Sage Models

Default New Sage Models

For those interested, there are a few new Sage models out ...

The Approach, the Resonse, the One Elite and of course the Circa (which most will already know about).

http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=606
    http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=605
    http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=604

I wonder why they brought out a One in a heavier weight with 2 tips????

The Approach and Response seem to replace the Flight, Launch and Vantage models (my guess). Some nice budget Sages it seems.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi Mario

The Elite is exactly that, a top end rod that comes with the bamboo tradition of 2 tips. There is a market for that kind of top-end rod.

Yes the the Flight and Vantage, are being replaced by the Approach and Response. The Launch was replaced a little while ago.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    The Elite is exactly that, a top end rod that comes with the bamboo tradition of 2 tips. There is a market for that kind of top-end rod.
    At close to 10K it's quite Elite yes
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yes the the Flight and Vantage, are being replaced by the Approach and Response. The Launch was replaced a little while ago.
    What was the Launch replaced with, or was it just dropped? Can't find a replacement rod that fell into the Launch's bracket. Simply statistical and of interest for me, please note.
    Mario Geldenhuys

We actual did this exercise yesterday.

The Vantage replaced the Launch...
    The Flight replaced the FLi...
    The VXP replaced the VT2...

Regards

We actual did this exercise yesterday.

The Vantage replaced the Launch...
    The Flight replaced the FLi...
    The VXP replaced the VT2...

Regards
    Of course - thanks guys! +1
    Mario Geldenhuys

Interesting ... the Approach comes with
    "Outfits come with an 1800 reel, RIO Gold Fly line, and a CORDURA® rod case with reel pouch"

That's a pretty nifty outfit for sub $300!!!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Interesting ... the Approach comes with
    "Outfits come with an 1800 reel, RIO Gold Fly line, and a CORDURA® rod case with reel pouch"

That's a pretty nifty outfit for sub $300!!!!!!
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the "flight" also came with a reel line and rod case with reel pouch. It was an upholsterd plastic tube, not the alluminium tubes like the other models. The flight was also a good value setup. Im not very sure how the Sage non premium models did, but from what I can remember, they didn't really hold too much of a candle to the premium models...understandably, being a third of the price. Not bad rods though, but I think when Sage took over Reddington, they might have diluted their focus, with the reddington rods being the same price as the Sage entry level models, but better rods..... just my thoughts. I think the entry level rods were for the guys who wanted the brand and warranty, but were not able to see the value in the more application specific premium models.
    I once saw a "Sage launch" explode into several pices, with a fairly abusive tiger fish on the business end.......ok, the guy tugging on the butt end, was was about to burst a blood vessel with all the exertion... I remember myslf and John, looking at each other, and saying, "any second now",... then..."craaack"
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    For those interested, there are a few new Sage models out ...

The Approach, the Resonse, the One Elite and of course the Circa (which most will already know about).

http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=606
    http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=605
    http://www.sageflyfish.com/home.php?cat=604

I wonder why they brought out a One in a heavier weight with 2 tips????

The Approach and Response seem to replace the Flight, Launch and Vantage models (my guess). Some nice budget Sages it seems.
    Mario

Slight hijack here. The two tip thing really interests me. When one travels it makes sense to have a rod with a spare tip as it saves on having a complete spare rod to transport.

Echo 2 rods had this feature but were discontinued with the Echo 3 range.

Nice that Sage have seen this market niche and have responded.

Good price for the Sage Elite too! Only $ 1295.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast