Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Whats the perfect creek / stream rod?

Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Neil
    I should have been more specific. I actually meant medium to heavy weighted nymphs. From the limited online reviews on these rods guys have been struggling to turn over heavy nymphs even on 5wts.
    Weird, I would have though the Circa would do well with that if you just adapt your stroke to the rod's action. However, being in the position to not have fished it for a day, I cannot comment further.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

The same here, Mario. I would love fish the two rods back to back for a day to make a proper assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    The same here, Mario. I would love fish the two rods back to back for a day to make a proper assessment.
    I'm excited about either my Blue Halo or Swift Epic blank that I'm ordering end of Feb. Have not decided, budget will determine! Either way, it will be a 7'6 3-piece in a #3.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5