Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Whats the perfect creek / stream rod?

Default Whats the perfect creek / stream rod?

Hi guys
    what is the perfect stream rod to team up with a lamson lightspeed 1.5??
    Tx

Hi Nellie,

There really are many options..

For a start as many guys have mentioned, is it depends on the rods use. So here are a few examples...

1) Some guys just prefer shorter light weight rods for streams. I like a short stick when it comes to a tight stream and there really isn't much place a longer rod.

2) A longer rod is nice for high sticking, even nymphing applications to give you the extra reach and then I like it for flicking a dry up-river and keeping the drag off the water in order to provide me with a nice dead drift.

3) Then some guys really like a fast action while others like a medium/fast... I for instance like both kinds for different applications..

If I were you I'd look at a 9ft.. percect all rounder length. The VXP is a faster rod, but a well priced all rounder. If you want a shorter rod, the TXL-F is a nice option. I'm assumming you looking at a 2 or 3wt.. Another rod I like is the Greys Streamflex 10ft 3wt older model..unfortunately there is no blanks available for the Greys.

I'm sure there will be a number of other additions to this post, but I thought I'd just give you a few small suggestions..
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

A 10'6 6 Piece St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler

I just ordered one of those - Amazing rods! Does everything every rod was meant to do all in one!

I am getting the switch version though
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

We just can't resist, but the 10'6 6 Piece St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler is just so last year, we just sold them all out on special, we were giving R100 with each one to people who we willing to take it...

The rod you really want is the 10'6 6 Piece V St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    We just can't resist, but the 10'6 6 Piece St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler is just so last year, we just sold them all out on special, we were giving R100 with each one to people who we willing to take it...

The rod you really want is the 10'6 6 Piece V St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler
    Dammit! I wish I knew! Next year they will come out with the

13'6"2 6 Piece V St. KrehardySeXplorage BVSage VThomas&thomas ONECirca Bomber Smuggloomiser

And it will be soooooo much better.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    A 10'6 6 Piece St. KrehSeXplorage BVK VTS ONE Bomber Smuggler
    Fakken aap...
    :biggrin:
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post

Could I get the new model with 3 Extra tips tucked away in a Racing Orange Circa tube in a textured finish with matt black endcaps with something custom engraved on the Endcap like "From Brakpan to Benoni in 6 Sections"?

Simple answer - ZXL 480
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Could I get the new model with 3 Extra tips tucked away in a Racing Orange Circa tube in a textured finish with matt black endcaps with something custom engraved on the Endcap like "From Brakpan to Benoni in 6 Sections"?
    Should I send you a quote???
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast