Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greys Streamflex

Default Greys Streamflex

Anyone perhaps fish with the streamflex 10ft rods.I am looking for a 4 or 5wt nymphing rod but have no experience with any brand besides the no-name blank i currently use.I need something much lighter than my current rod,but must not lack backbone.I also see stcroix have got a new high stick drifter,anyone maybe handle one of these

Gavin

Have you tried the 5wt TFO BVK 10ft, I use it for stillwater and its great, not too stiff and definitely not a noodle.
    Regards
    Craig

Forgot about Tfo,especially the bvk.The only reason i looked at greys was that they are spoken about.

Gavin

I have both of those - the 4 and 5 wt.

They are fantastic rods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Light and very sensitive but with enough power to handle Yellows. I use the 4wt for Trout and the 5 wt for Yellows.

You can not go wrong with these rods.

Cheers
    MC

I use the 10ft TFO Jim Teeny and that is a gem of a nymphing rod too. GrahamS also used the 10ft BVK as his Vaal nymphing rod and seem very happy with it.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

I think anyone who has every fished with those rods has fallen in love with them. Ive used the 5 for yellows and own a 3 and will be ordering a 2 and a 4 shortly. You will not be disappointed!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Thanks guys,at least that makes it easier.Either one so i will flip a coin.....
    I like the look of the greys ,so i guess i will go that route.

Blog Entries

When you phone around, please let us know the prices you found on the 2 rods BFK VS Streamflex - it is always nice to know what some shops charge

i must agree with MCC...i use the 5wt greys on still waters for trout and have used it for yellows and it's great...i have ordered the 4wt which is currently in the mail. i cant wait to test it out... awsome rods
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Is the Greys available in South Africa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast