Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon in the Midlands

Wink Honeymoon in the Midlands

We are going on honeymoon to the KNP as well as the Midlands in November.

I have been granted permission to pack the #3 for a bit of fishing.

Can anyone please assist with some possible venues to fish as well as recommendations on flies.

Regards.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Midlands, Bushmens river in the Reserve.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Midlands, Bushmens river in the Reserve.
    Korrie, you forgot the fly!!!:wink: Honeymoon break = honeymoon nymph/honeymoon dry/honeymoon/honeymoon/honeymoon/f@ck the fishing/HONEYMOON.:biggrin:
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

There is a place near Underberg that might suit both of you nicely. We stayed there for a few days after our wedding:

http://www.amazianlodge.com/

It is very much suited for Honeymoon couples and at the same time has the umzimkulu a 1 minute walk away so you could pop down for an hour every now and again while your wife gets a spa treatment. The food is also incredibly good (The Owners used to run a top restaurant in JHB and the wife was head chef there).

No children are allowed as it is specifically tailored towards couples, hence perfect for honeymoon. I can't remember the rates but i don't remember it being cheap to be honest - Still, when it comes to honeymooning and being allowed to take the fishing rod with, this ticks all the boxes and is quite hard for the missus to say no to.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    There is a place near Underberg that might suit both of you nicely. We stayed there for a few days after our wedding:

http://www.amazianlodge.com/

It is very much suited for Honeymoon couples and at the same time has the umzimkulu a 1 minute walk away so you could pop down for an hour every now and again while your wife gets a spa treatment. The food is also incredibly good (The Owners used to run a top restaurant in JHB and the wife was head chef there).

No children are allowed as it is specifically tailored towards couples, hence perfect for honeymoon. I can't remember the rates but i don't remember it being cheap to be honest - Still, when it comes to honeymooning and being allowed to take the fishing rod with, this ticks all the boxes and is quite hard for the missus to say no to.
    How did you hide the children.???
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Been said countless times, but still the best advice on the forum, forget the fishing and enjoy the honeymoon! spoil your lady rotten, promise you will never regret it!

Visit Notties, go do the canopy tour at Karkloof, as long as you can do everything together!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    forget the fishing and enjoy the honeymoon
    But honey we will be together for the rest of our live, but those bone fish on the flats I'm only going to have a chance to catch now, I'll only be an hour or so :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    But honey we will be together for the rest of our live, but those bone fish on the flats I'm only going to have a chance to catch now, I'll only be an hour or so :tongue:
    I think i see a "Fishing yourself Single" story developing here!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    I think i see a "Fishing yourself Single" story developing here!
    Luckily not I've taught het well, she fishes with

HAHAHA,

Thanks for the tips.

We will definately do the Canopy tour at Karkloof. But she agreed that I may take the #3 with, as lons as I book her into a Spa for the time I spend fishing. So we agreed upon that. I will most probably only spend one morning fishing in anyway.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast