Thread: Hi from Stellenbosch

Default Hi from Stellenbosch

Hi everyone,

My name is Galen and I live in Stellenbosch. I work as a geneticist, where I research the genetic aspects of different human diseases. I started fly-fishing around 1998. After doing very little fishing over the last five years, I am ready to get back into things. Iím especially keen to get back into fishing the Western Cape trout streams. I have already found this forum to be extremely useful!

Cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hi everyone,

My name is Galen and I live in Stellenbosch. I work as a geneticist, where I research the genetic aspects of different human diseases. I started fly-fishing around 1998. After doing very little fishing over the last five years, I am ready to get back into things. I’m especially keen to get back into fishing the Western Cape trout streams. I have already found this forum to be extremely useful!

Cheers
    Howzit...

I like your Pels Fishing owl there...still need to tick that one off me list
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Howzit...

I like your Pels Fishing owl there...still need to tick that one off me list
    Thanks, unfortunately it's not my photo and I also still need to see one! I go up to Kruger every now and then and we always head up to Pafuri in the hopes of catching a glimpse of one, but keep missing them. One day! Bizarrely enough, there is one that has been spotted in Newlands in Cape Town recently!

Blog Entries

Thanks, unfortunately it's not my photo and I also still need to see one! I go up to Kruger every now and then and we always head up to Pafuri in the hopes of catching a glimpse of one, but keep missing them. One day! Bizarrely enough, there is one that has been spotted in Newlands in Cape Town recently!
    I have a report where they have spotted on in Newlands...huh????
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I have a report where they have spotted on in Newlands...huh????
    Yip, here's a link to a photo.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Crazy!

Blog Entries

Welcome Galen!!

Wondering if you and your team has found out why flyfishermen can't stop thinking of flyfishing? surely it must be a disease, it gets passed on from person to person and causes havoc with a persons thought/decision processes!

Need a excuse to give the lady in my life for why I need to fish more often, if there is scientific proof it might help my cause
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 15-10-12 at 03:17 PM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Welcome Galen!!

Wondering if you and your team has found out why flyfishermen can't stop thinking of flyfishing? surely it must be a disease, it gets passed on from person to person and causes havoc with a persons thought/decision processes!

Need a excuse to give the lady in my life for why I need to fish more often, if there is scientific proof it might help my cause
    Hehe, I wish I could find a scientific explanation too! I could do with one today, since I may have dropped my girlfriend's camera in the Smalblaar River yesterday (true story)

Welcome Galen.
    Enjoy pal.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

... since I may have dropped my girlfriend's camera in the Smalblaar River yesterday (true story)
    That will teach her to buy a non waterproof camera.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.