Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hi from Stellenbosch

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    7

    Default Hi from Stellenbosch

    Hi everyone,

    My name is Galen and I live in Stellenbosch. I work as a geneticist, where I research the genetic aspects of different human diseases. I started fly-fishing around 1998. After doing very little fishing over the last five years, I am ready to get back into things. Iím especially keen to get back into fishing the Western Cape trout streams. I have already found this forum to be extremely useful!

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hi everyone,

    My name is Galen and I live in Stellenbosch. I work as a geneticist, where I research the genetic aspects of different human diseases. I started fly-fishing around 1998. After doing very little fishing over the last five years, I am ready to get back into things. I’m especially keen to get back into fishing the Western Cape trout streams. I have already found this forum to be extremely useful!

    Cheers
    Howzit...

    I like your Pels Fishing owl there...still need to tick that one off me list
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Howzit...

    I like your Pels Fishing owl there...still need to tick that one off me list
    Thanks, unfortunately it's not my photo and I also still need to see one! I go up to Kruger every now and then and we always head up to Pafuri in the hopes of catching a glimpse of one, but keep missing them. One day! Bizarrely enough, there is one that has been spotted in Newlands in Cape Town recently!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Thanks, unfortunately it's not my photo and I also still need to see one! I go up to Kruger every now and then and we always head up to Pafuri in the hopes of catching a glimpse of one, but keep missing them. One day! Bizarrely enough, there is one that has been spotted in Newlands in Cape Town recently!
    I have a report where they have spotted on in Newlands...huh????
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I have a report where they have spotted on in Newlands...huh????
    Yip, here's a link to a photo.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

    Crazy!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richards Bay, Kwazulu Natal
    Posts
    472
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Welcome Galen!!

    Wondering if you and your team has found out why flyfishermen can't stop thinking of flyfishing? surely it must be a disease, it gets passed on from person to person and causes havoc with a persons thought/decision processes!

    Need a excuse to give the lady in my life for why I need to fish more often, if there is scientific proof it might help my cause
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 15-10-12 at 03:17 PM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Welcome Galen!!

    Wondering if you and your team has found out why flyfishermen can't stop thinking of flyfishing? surely it must be a disease, it gets passed on from person to person and causes havoc with a persons thought/decision processes!

    Need a excuse to give the lady in my life for why I need to fish more often, if there is scientific proof it might help my cause
    Hehe, I wish I could find a scientific explanation too! I could do with one today, since I may have dropped my girlfriend's camera in the Smalblaar River yesterday (true story)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Welcome Galen.
    Enjoy pal.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria Gangsters Paradise
    Posts
    5,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    ... since I may have dropped my girlfriend's camera in the Smalblaar River yesterday (true story)
    That will teach her to buy a non waterproof camera.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •