Thread: Noob having fun

Default Noob having fun

Greetings from Midrand.
    I have just recently taken up fly fishing and I'm enjoying myself immensely.

I have fished the stock dam around JHB now and am ready for the next step, wilder trout, other fish and then sea.
    I got a more focussed #3 to go with my general purpose starter Pro Cast 4/5.
    I have managed to coax a trout to take a surface fly and from then onwards I was hooked.

I'm off on holiday to Cape Vidal and I'm getting another Pro Cast cheapy to use here.

Tight loops and lines.

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    I have managed to coax a trout to take a surface fly and from then onwards I was hooked.
    Now that is probably what got most of us hooked, or it worked for me

Welcome bud. Glad you're enjoying it. Check out these videos I made to see what Vidal has on offer.

Enjoy the trip! Let us know how it goes!
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

And the second video...

- Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Fantasic....Looks like you guys had great fune and the fishing wasn't too shabby either. Haven't beed to Vidal for years, need to make a plan to get up there again. Thanks for the vid - really enjoyed it.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IKPeekay View Post
    Fantasic....Looks like you guys had great fune and the fishing wasn't too shabby either. Haven't beed to Vidal for years, need to make a plan to get up there again. Thanks for the vid - really enjoyed it.

Ian
    Thanks bud. Both trips were out of season as such, but we had a blast none the less. Glad you enjoyed the vids.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Awesome videos there, if I catch a few small fish I will be happier that you know.

I need to work out something for a stripping basket, I see all type in the vids.