Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Port Elizabeth Fly-fishing companion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, Paulshof
    Posts
    305
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Port Elizabeth Fly-fishing companion

    I will be in PE from 7 to 13 December, is there anyone that I can maybe join for a days fishing? Always found it worth while fishing with a local rather than wasting your time to find a good spot on your own

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    I will be in PE from 7 to 13 December, is there anyone that I can maybe join for a days fishing? Always found it worth while fishing with a local rather than wasting your time to find a good spot on your own
    Just stay away from Swartkops, echoli festered. Will give a report soon to prove this. I only anyways finish the year off on my birthday the 14th Dec, so sorry.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Posts
    7,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Just stay away from Swartkops, echoli festered. Will give a report soon to prove this. I only anyways finish the year off on my birthday the 14th Dec, so sorry.
    DAVE
    Hey Dave, that's not like you.

    The man is there for a week before you end the year off.

    Stop being a poeeeetttthhh.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    I will be in PE from 7 to 13 December, is there anyone that I can maybe join for a days fishing? Always found it worth while fishing with a local rather than wasting your time to find a good spot on your own
    OK!! Give me a call. (pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Hey Dave, that's not like you.

    The man is there for a week before you end the year off.

    Stop being a poeeeetttthhh.
    See what you did now!!! Will take the man to some good spots,but I hate entering these waters. He will definately get into some good leerie (garrick), cob and elf (shad), maybe, grunter are always working the sand/mud banks here, a deep channel that one could really take a drift if misfooted by a couple of feet, but here are the real targets for sport, the ladyfishskipjack!!!
    We'll see if PIPE is interested.
    Another option is the "honeyhole" I took Herman Botes to for largemouth bass and massive bluegill.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, Paulshof
    Posts
    305
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    If you scared of the E.coli we can always just go target some Bluegill like catching them. After PE I am heading to Rhodes so for a week so will get enough fishing done there. Wouldn't mind some Leeries or Skipjack though, have never had the chance targeting them. What flies would I need, poppers, flipper?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    If you scared of the E.coli we can always just go target some Bluegill like catching them. After PE I am heading to Rhodes so for a week so will get enough fishing done there. Wouldn't mind some Leeries or Skipjack though, have never had the chance targeting them. What flies would I need, poppers, flipper?
    Okes are klapping the grunter on leadheads and soft plastics at the moment at Swarties. Leeries seem to be thick too. You'll have a jol.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    If you scared of the E.coli we can always just go target some Bluegill like catching them. After PE I am heading to Rhodes so for a week so will get enough fishing done there. Wouldn't mind some Leeries or Skipjack though, have never had the chance targeting them. What flies would I need, poppers, flipper?
    Not to fret, will take you to the salt possies I know, very upsream, but good. If the weather snookers us, we go inland for bass and bluegill. Yep!! all white poppers or flippers will do on floating, all white WHISTLERS AS WELL. (dumbell weighted) Then as well shrimp or prawn patterns that I will supply.
    For bass, any BIG NOISY POPPER(difficult to cast far, but at 8m or so, accurately presented can get you into 1kg-3kg fish. Bluegill love small poppers,flippers, hares ears, white deaths, zulus,nymphs of dragons and damsels.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, Paulshof
    Posts
    305
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Hey Dave, been fishing lately? Will be in PE untill Thursday or maybe longer having car troubles. Let me know if you are keen for a fish

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Hey Dave, been fishing lately? Will be in PE untill Thursday or maybe longer having car troubles. Let me know if you are keen for a fish
    HI Pieter, sent you a pm earlier, yep, we must get together so that I can show you some spots you can ff during the day while I'm still at work,then join you after 16h30.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Maybe Skerpieon (Jauno) will join us as he is working this week here as well.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •