Thread: Your favourite adult MF imitation ?

Default Your favourite adult MF imitation ?

Hello boyos,

Was presented with a very unique opportunity this past Saturday where the Yellows were actively feeding on the adult imago as well as the emerging nymphs just sub surface.

It's the first time so far this year that I have observed them keying in on the adults to this level and I speculate that this will be happening more and more as winter progresses.

In the past week or two I have been experimenting with tying para wing posts onto my regular MF and CDC MF immitations to aid flotation and visibility and have found wing posts to be fascinating and this in combination with the addition of CDC dubbed on the thorax has me giggling like a schoolgirl on E at the creations I'm tying, some of which worked very well on my last outing.

So, my question:

If you had to have only one very buoyant adult MF imitation which can be used in a dry and dropper setup, what would it be, ofcourse this is not limited to 'yellowfish' only flies and I'd love to hear from the guys in the cape as to what they tie, why and how.

The usual links, pics and comments will be appreciated.

TIA,

-§
    Last edited by Scythe; 14-05-07 at 08:17 AM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

My favourite Adult MF imitations wont suspend a dropper, and adult MF imitations that will suspend droppers are not my favourites. Refer Max's post on images of the naturals to see just how overdressed even the sparsest imitation is.