Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Balito area

Default Balito area

Hi guys

I am in Balito for 3 weeks are there any good spots catch a fish or two?

Any help would be great.

Thanx
    Regards
    Eddie
    Carpe Diem

Any place on the rocks. Stand and watch the surf, you will see fish everywhere even in the breakers right on the shoreline. I would move out onto the rocks or even go and stand on that sandbar where the people swim and nail the fish right there. Fish here won't be big, but a 5wt should produce some good fun for you. I was there in September, left my rods at home as it was a family get-away, I saw fish everywhere, I just stood in the water and shook my head in disbelieve, never have I been so cross with myself....NEVER!!!!

Head north to Tinley Manor for some good beaches and wave garrick, or head south to Westbrook and hit the ledges for kingies, the odd couta and snoek.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Well I lost a big fish this afternoon just north of those big flats in Sheffield. I was fishing a red, orange and black clouser and on about the 3rd cast something big smashed the fly and took me into about 120m of my backing with in a 1min! Fought it for about 5 min and it cut me off on the reef or something. The locals that were near me reckon it was a maybe a big stumpie of about 7-8 kgs! I thought it was a small shark. It was an awesome fight but it sucks that I lost it. Hope it's a sign of good things to come!

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Well I lost a big fish this afternoon just north of those big flats in Sheffield. I was fishing a red, orange and black clouser and on about the 3rd cast something big smashed the fly and took me into about 120m of my backing with in a 1min! Fought it for about 5 min and it cut me off on the reef or something. The locals that were near me reckon it was a maybe a big stumpie of about 7-8 kgs! I thought it was a small shark. It was an awesome fight but it sucks that I lost it. Hope it's a sign of good things to come!
    Awesome! that is pretty devastating but it's better than no hits, nothing, I think. I hope you have another go at him!

Got this Yellow Tail kingie of about 5kgs off the rocks this morning with a red and white clouser. I also got a small Black tail! Gave me a really good fight!

I think that fish I lost the other day was the big brother if this one!

Awesome fish
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Great fish! Good for you!

Nice fish! Which rocks did you get it off?
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast