Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Breede Bass

Default Some Breede Bass

Managed to sneak away from the family to test out my new bass flipper on the Breede @Bontebok National park, had a lovely morning out in the float tube. Turns out bass love this flipper :-)

Some pics, the fly:

Swins nicely:

Bass think so too:

Would have been nice if there were some bass larger than my hand around, but these days i'll take any fishing i can get!
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

I like those flippers, gonna tie some to. Dont complain about the bass size, complain if you blank with such nice offerings.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Wel gedaan!
    Gerrit Viljoen

thanks Dave, really enjoyed the surfce action ... i find my hookup rate is much better with this style weed guard that the standard circular one!

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    I like those flippers, gonna tie some to. Dont complain about the bass size, complain if you blank with such nice offerings.
    DAVE

one thing i have noticed when bass fishing (which i have done with limited success to be honest) is the that if you are catching those small guys, you have to increase the size of your fly to catch anything bigger. The big-uns are there, but they just don't get to the fly so only eat the food that is too big for the smaller ones.

I noticed this when i was fishing a dam where i was slamming bass about the size you were catching and just thought that was all that was about until one of them got smashed by something bigger while i had him on. I put on a fly the size of the bass i was catching and started catching bigger ones (less of them of course) without getting bothered by the smaller ones.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    one thing i have noticed when bass fishing (which i have done with limited success to be honest) is the that if you are catching those small guys, you have to increase the size of your fly to catch anything bigger. The big-uns are there, but they just don't get to the fly so only eat the food that is too big for the smaller ones.

I noticed this when i was fishing a dam where i was slamming bass about the size you were catching and just thought that was all that was about until one of them got smashed by something bigger while i had him on. I put on a fly the size of the bass i was catching and started catching bigger ones (less of them of course) without getting bothered by the smaller ones.
    This is true Grant, that's why I fish very big poppers/flies.
    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

very nice popper, would you guys say that a popper lands more bigger bass than a baitfish immitation? Is this due to the way a popper reacts on the surface?

worth a try, however ... that flipper is 7cm long, recon its too small?

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post

maybe not always the most effective, but definately the most fun

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperCharlie View Post
    very nice popper, would you guys say that a popper lands more bigger bass than a baitfish immitation? Is this due to the way a popper reacts on the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    worth a try, however ... that flipper is 7cm long, recon its too small?
    Lengh plus diameter will make it big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast