Thread: Jan du Toit's River

Default Jan du Toit's River

I haven't seen any fishing reports or anything written about this river for some time. I used to read about it a lot in local magazines some years back. It looked a spectacular river. Is it still being fished?
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Blog Entries

Yes, it's still being fished but report backs are scarce. The CPS has again been allocated 2 group bookings per month in season. Bookings will be allocated on a ‘luck-of-the-draw’ basis to paid up full members who have season river permits and who put their names into the draw.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Thanks for the reply. Why the reduced access? Or has there always been reduced access?
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Why the reduced access? Or has there always been reduced access?
    I don't think the CPS has exclusive access to the kloof.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 30-12-12 at 06:21 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

OK, I guess I assumed the CPS once did although this may not be right.

Do any members have any recent photos they wish to share?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Hi Justin
    With regards to the Jan Du Toits not a lot of people submit reports, however you can phone the CPS offica and find out who has fished it recently and contact them. Otherwise another good person to speak to would be Stephen Dugmore.

Thanks for the reply Stan. It was more out of general interest. I think I will visit CT at some point this year and I like to keep up to date with your rivers with a view to one day fishing them. I envy you CT chaps! (although I have a pretty good choice of small streams here in the UK too)