Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout in Summer Time

I also went to Dullstroom(Field and Stream) the last weekend of 2012. Was VERY warm and the late afternoon thunderstorms were hectic!
    Only managed to catch 2 rainbows
    I've also been to Elandskloof. Baie lekker!

Goose,

The storm on Saturday afternoon almost caught me on the water. Did not know that I could get the float tube moving so fast.

A friend of mine lost two horses due to lightning on Saturday.

What dams did you fish at Elandskloof?
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

I was at Field and Stream last weekend. The last time I went to Elandskloof was 2010.
    Can't remember the dam numbers anymore.
    The one thing I remember is that I was the only one of my friends able to catch anything

Nice photo's Gerhard.

Have you photoshopped some of the pictures?
    There are significant shadows on those clouds above the trees and I was just wondering.
    It is a nice effect.

Well done.

Looks like a nice place to take the family. Are there cottages there Gerhard? Nice to see pics of other venues. Looks like you had fun. Thanks
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Looks like a nice place to take the family. Are there cottages there Gerhard? Nice to see pics of other venues. Looks like you had fun. Thanks
    Yes rols,

They have some nice cottages and its a great place to take the family
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Nice report and pics Gerhard!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Heading up to Dullstroom this weekend staying at a sydicate called Pleasantways... Anyone been up to Dullies lately? Know this venue?
    I'm sure it will be hot, but hoping to get one or two on the line... It has been ages so will just be great to get out and fish again!
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Had a great weekend in Dullies...

Fishing was slow, water was warm at 21degs which is too hot for successful fishing... Had to be up at about 5am at least, and even then there were a few rises, but no real 'action'.... As well as this water was a little discoloured.

All the fish we got fell to BH Black Wooly Buggers, Black aggrevators or walkers killers.... Fished deep... One fish came to the floating line...

All in all, 10 fish for the weekend between 5 of us, all smallish (max 900g)...
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12