Thread: Knysna red bridge

Default Knysna red bridge

Hi guys

On my Sa tour and rolled into knysna this evening. Awesome town!!!

I'm planning on fishing under the red bridge in the morning but other than GPS coordinates which I'm not used to using I have no idea how to find it!!

If there's any night owls on here that have the knowledge I would really appreciate some info in how to get to under the bridge left bank looking downstream. Pm please if you don't wanna post on an open forum.
    Any hot fly spot info welcome or if anyone is willing to meet some morning?

I will be fishing c&r on the fly.

Cheers
    Noel.

Hi Noel
    Toe find the red bridge is easy. Leaving Knysna going towards George you get the white bridge, but just before the bridge, about 500 m there will be a turn off to the right. You take that turn off and carry on a dirt road for a bout a kilometer and the red bridge will be on your left.
    there is not a great lot of place there to cast from. You could walk to the other side and find a bank there.

Brian
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Thank brian! Found it this morning no problem but like you say it doesn't really seem a fly fishing spot. I must check it out later at low tide.
    I ended up blind fishing at the point in belvedere for an hour but nothing. Also need to check that at low tide see where the channel is.
    I'm loving Knysna just gotta find some fish now!

I had success below the white bridge on the northern side just before you go underneath it. Aslo if you take the same road as the red bridge, about 500 meters from the tar raod, you get the broken bridge on the left. You can stop there and walk towards the white bridge on the bank, very cast able there. Kob are renowned to be in that upper river area after dark.
    Also at Crabs Creek on the Brenton on Sea road just after the white bridge, if you fish there early morning as the sun rises, there will be a very good change for shad.

Good luck pal
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"